Netiquette

Guest Elton

Guest Chris Shaw

Taken from the article.

And indeed, even share my thoughts on what I have decided to call 'Netiquette'.

---------------------------------------

What HE has decided to call Netiquette, this word has been around for some years now as far as the Internet is concerned has it not?

------------------

Chris Shaw

They played on while the reel handles spun in unison.

[This message has been edited by Chris Shaw (edited 19 June 2001).]

Guest DerwentBob

I've been online since about 91-92 and I believe the word Netiquette appeared around the winter of 93 when Netscape first started to make inroads into NCSA Mosaic's territory.

Guest Stewart Bloor

Oh dear...let me clarify that I'm not trying to take any glory or credit for the use of the word 'Netiquette'.

So, 'What I have decided to call Netiquette', was not in relation to any sense of pioneering the word, but to capture the spirit of the article.

Chris, when you refer to me as 'HE', perhaps that is clear justification that an article like this needs to be on-line?

Gray, I'll check out your uncle's site right now.

Guest DerwentBob

Netiquette is old and very painful ground to veterans of usenet, discussion of which has caused flame-wars, newsgroup closures and at least one documented punch-up. As far as I know this is the first time I have seen it mentioned in relation to angling forums but beware - Pandora's box has been opened.

Guest fisherking
Originally posted by Stewart Bloor:

Oh dear...let me clarify that I'm not trying to take any glory or credit for the use of the word 'Netiquette'.

So, 'What I have decided to call Netiquette', was not in relation to any sense of pioneering the word, but to capture the spirit of the article.

Chris, when you refer to me as 'HE', perhaps that is clear justification that an article like this needs to be on-line?

Gray, I'll check out your uncle's site right now.

Hi Stewart,

I wouldn't take any notice to the HE remark as it seems that the only time that person posts on here is not to contribute anything of any worth but to stir it up a little.

John.