Electrical impulses....

Guest Chris Shaw

Guest Chris Shaw

How many time have I heard, put some salt in your bait it helps to improve it's attractiveness. Now as has been said in this thread salt aids this electrolysis process, so maybe thats what happens when you add salt to your bait.

------------------

Chris Shaw

They played on while the reel handles spun in unison.

[This message has been edited by Chris Shaw (edited 21 June 2001).]

Guest Bretty
Originally posted by phonebush:

...and a variety of fishes. Some can detect fields as low as 1 mV/km. This is roughly equivalent to one flashlight cell 1500 km away.

How many volts does a bite alarm run on? or a mobile phone which i should think generates a massive electro-magnetic field? Is that significant? confused.gif

the fish swims through earth's magnetic field.

Which i should think is pretty massive being able to deflect a compass needle.

On a tangent. A dynamo works by moving a peice of metal through a magnetic field. Planes (piece of metal) flying around the world (through earths magnetic field) Used to have a habit of exploding as charge built up across there wings and sparking!! rolleyes.gif

The effects of electric and magnetics waves are amazing. Who knows!! wink.gif

Bretty

Guest phonebush

When I asked similar questions of this research I'm afraid the answer was that more research ($) was necessary.

However, "Cypriniformes" or all boney fishes have this receptive capacity. It is to what degree that is unknown.

Phone