Fish Diseases - Deadbaits

Guest Elton

Guest Elton
Originally posted by Chris B:

No disease, whether spread by parasite or virus stands up to being blast frozen and kept in a freezer.

This may well be the answer to my question smile.gif

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

Guest RobStubbs

Elton,

I'm with Chris on this one, almost every disease or infectious agent is killed by freezing. The EA do permit frozen dead coarse fish to be used on other waters and as far as I know they have never experienced dead fish spreading disease.

Rob.

Guest pikelines editor

Hey Elton,

Just checked the 'treating roach and perch' posting, my reply has now appeared, twice!

As they say "he who waits"...

Maybe this technology ain't so bad after all?

Best,

------------------

Steve Ormrod

Guest waterman1013

Some little while ago the EA wanted to ban coarse fish dead baits, under pressure, I think, from English Nature, in the EA bylaws.

This would have severely affected many pikers, as well as other predator anglers. SACG and PAC both spoke at length to the EA, as part of the bylaw negotiations, and they had no instance of any disease ever being transmitted by coarse deads. The proposed bylaw died.

Another, unsung, success for SACG, now SAA.

Mike Heylin