I'm A Carp Yob Now

Guest Graham E

Guest Graham E

Still searching for my first barbel this season! After my carp at St Pats,where they are spawning still, heard the Kennet was fishing well.

Morning session, 3 fish a 15.8 a 15.12 and a 4ish. Yes all Mirrors!! What is happening!

[This message has been edited by Graham E (edited 21 June 2001).]

Guest Elton
Originally posted by Graham E:

Still searching for my first barbel this season! After my carp at St Pats,where they are spawning still, heard the Kennet was fishing well.

Morning session, 3 fish  a 15.8 a 15.12 and a 4ish. Yes all Mirrors!! What is happening!

Don't worry about it, Graham, just park your bedchair next to mine and we'll open a case of Special Brew together tongue.gif First one back to his bivvy is a sissy!

Elton

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

Guest Jonty

Morning session, 3 fish  a 15.8 a 15.12 and a 4ish. Yes all Mirrors!! What is happening!

Nothing to worry about Graham - it's just that you have joined the `elite` at last !!!

Jonty

Guest Chris Plumb

, heard the Kennet was fishing well.

I heard it was a bit slow - any ways my only session to date; a couple of hours on Tuesday evening yielded 2 barbel, 6.3 & 8.13 and a 5lb 9oz chub.... biggrin.gif well pleased...

Chris

Guest Graham E

Chris, chap who walked the Pats last Sunday PM told me he had had..

8 on Sat morning/9 Sat day and 8 Sun morning!

4 of them doubles.....That'll do for me. Mind you I have not fished it for 15 years so it might take a couple of visits to have it sussed!!!!

Elton, We are not allowed any tin cans or bottles on our waters, so I cannot join you for a SB unless its on a carp lake. I have booked a swim on a carp lake for the 30th September as that is when the first carpcaravans moves off and we can book our lakeside concrete section. Minimum stay in September is for 18 weeks. Bivvies are old hat now, if yur gonna do it carpy, do it properly.

Guest Graham E

Well I went back to the Kennet tonight.

Back to basics/maggot and hemp feeder and a size16. First fish......a 13lb common.

STILL no barbus!!

Guest paul mc

Graham i'll swap you one of my barbel for one of your carp as i have never caught a river carp. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

can't wait though.

regards paul mc

[This message has been edited by paul mc (edited 22 June 2001).]

Guest Graham E

Absolutely Paul, the mirrors are a bit knocked about and because everything is late spawning they are in the rivers to enjoy the faster water and clean up. Saying that the river carp do fight like hell, sometimes you have to show them the net though so they wake up.

Normally I would have had at least a dozen barbel by now.

Still the first one will be that much sweeter.

[This message has been edited by Graham E (edited 24 June 2001).]