Beware of the ..........................cows?!!

Guest STEVE POPE

Guest Elton
Originally posted by dexter:

Maybe being a little naive but something to do with MAFF guidelines??

I'm sure the person in question disinfected as appropraite.

Or maybe F&M doesn't effect Southern Cows?

D

MAFF? No such department these days wink.gif

Restrictions have been pretty limited here in Suffolk, as they have for may unnaffected areas. In fact, my boss kept most of her fields open throughout, apart from a couple of weeks when they were forced to shut everything.

It has also been announced today that general restriction are being relaxed to such an extent that livestock from an infected area can be taken to slaughterhouses in non-affected areas.

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dexter

Elton

I understand the arguement and was being devils advocate.

Lancashire, until recently, was relatively free (after initial outbreaks were controlled), then restrictions were lifted and look were we are now. I'll be lucky to fish the Ribble this year I fear.

And BTW I know the MAFF thingy.

D

Guest Graham E

Sounds like a frightening experience. Don't forget that those de nutted bulls are also pretty lively. Had 2 jump a 3ft fence to charge me once.

I was on upper benyons today on the Kennet and the only thing that attacked me was those bloody mirror carp!

Guest teepee

good point about the foot & mouth Dexter but i think its the MAD COWS we need to worry about!

------------------

teepee

Guest hoppy

Cows,

Never bothered me, but, they are good for free car washes.

Parked mine in the field, turned round and found them all licking my car, eek.gif brilliant job, and all for free, (except for the fishing fee). smile.gif

------------------

been there done that

Guest Zaphod

Hoppy, it must have been a calf wash... smile.gif

Many moons ago, whilst fishing a small pit in Tonbridge I was "bothered" by a few cows acting most strange. According to the farmer they were drunk, as they had ate rotting apples that had fermented in thier stomachs.

My first encounter with "Cider louts"..!!

Del

------------------

Zaphods just 'zis guy, you know..!

[This message has been edited by Zaphod (edited 21 June 2001).]

Guest mike the pike

Reminds me of when I was a nipper, walking down to the river with tackle in hand and my trusty collie shep, we began to cross a field full of cows when shep decided to play chase the cows, picture the scene 20+ cows all running away from a sheepdog and me shouting at the top of my voice and chasing the dog, suddenly the dog decided to do as it was told and turned to run back to me, and the cows thought "hah revenge" and started to chase the dog.

Complete reversal, me running as fast as my 12 year old legs would carry me, shep in hot pursuit and 20 now very annoyed cows stampeding toward us.

How I cleared the hedge I'll never know (I couldn't see over it) but I swear my feet never touched a single leaf. and I think shep got even higher.

Funny now, but I tell you I didnt stop shaking for hours.

Guest hoppy
Originally posted by Zaphod:

Hoppy, it must have been a calf wash...   smile.gif

del, they did do a veal good job...  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

cheers...hoppy

Many moons ago, whilst fishing a small pit in Tonbridge I was "bothered" by a few cows acting most strange. According to the farmer they were drunk, as they had ate rotting apples that had fermented in thier stomachs.

Del

------------------

been there done that

[This message has been edited by hoppy (edited 22 June 2001).]

Guest Elton
Originally posted by dexter:

Elton

I understand the arguement and was being devils advocate.

Lancashire, until recently, was relatively free (after initial outbreaks were controlled), then restrictions were lifted and look were we are now. I'll be lucky to fish the Ribble this year I fear.

And BTW I know the MAFF thingy.

D

Dexter,

I know the MAFF thingy, but would still have to look up their new name. Something with 'Rural' in is all I remember! smile.gif

We've been lucky here. Some people here know that I look after a Jacob Sheep website. My boss (and friend) is Secretary (I believe) of the Jacob Sheep Society nad some of her friends have lost their flocks - these animals are often personal pets, ones which the owners have known for generations frown.gif

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

Guest Elton
Originally posted by Zaphod:

Del

Fear not, Gray will be online soon and you can experience your second encounter wink.gif

Elton

------------------

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle