Cooking stoves..

Guest Steve Randles

Guest waterman1013

Steve

I use a Coleman singler burner at the moment but am now looking at the GoGas Zenith, which packs down to the size of a paperback book. Colemans are very good but I can do without the smell of petrol on my hands and the GoGas is at least as fast when boiling a kettle.

Mike

Guest simonford

I have the colman double burner and i`ll never go back to gas again.

In regards to the flaring up that some of you have experienced,if you put over the ammount of pressure that you`re supposed to then it shouldn`t flare up(well it hasn`t with me yet).

If its 40 pumps that you`re supposed to put in to pressurise the coleman,I woulds suggest putting in another 10 to 15 to see if that stops it flaring up.

Hope it works for you like it does for me biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

Simon Ford

Join the temporary Carperslodge forum

Guest poledark

Used Colemans for years, they only flare up if you overfill them.

Basic rule is to only half fill and give about 30/40 pumps before lighting them. They then light just like a real gas stove.

poledark

Guest Andy Thatcher

After 8 years hard service my Coleman eventually gave up the ghost, fortunately on the last day of a 4 day session ! I am going to get one of those Go Gas things as an experiment as I quite like the idea of them for one day sessions as there would be no petrol taint on bait. By the way check out the price of them at Millets sem to be at least £5 cheaper !

Cheers

Andy