Seen in The Daily Express today

Guest Simon Newbould

Guest Simon Newbould
Originally posted by phil dean:

I;'ve just posted asking C4 to comment, let's see how long that one last.

Phil,

Couldn't find your thread on the C4 forum so I've started one of my own under the "Pet Rescue" thread....

Simon

Guest phil dean

I've added, but i can't find the original one or the other that was mentioned, dubious policy of C4's deleting threads which seem so popular but deal with an issue which they are sensitive about, questionable reason for even having the forum. Much prefer yours elton, even if i will probably get the sack for spending all my time on it biggrin.gif

Guest Simon Newbould

Ok guy's.... I really don't think the C4 forum thing is gonna go anywhere unfortunately....

I'm going to email her management company @ http://www.nci-management.fsnet.co.uk when I've managed to get some words sorted out...

Any of you more eloquent member care to join me?

Simon

Guest waterman1013

Hi Guys

Try this as a script for a letter to the Express editor;

Dear Sir

Article - Stop Killing Fish, Wendy Begs Scouts

It is a pity that Pet Rescue presenter Wendy Turner Webster did not check with PETA on their policy regarding pet ownership. They are strongly opposed to any animal having pet status. And yet Wendy is fronting a TV programme that advocates such ownership. Perhaps 30 pieces of silver diverts her from reality? Will her producer disassociate Channel 4 from her irrational outburst? It has been reported that Wendy also enjoys horse riding in her spare time. As a PETA supporter the horse has got to go. Or, will it?

It has to be remembered that the President of PETA recently stated that it would be a good thing if Foot and Mouth Disease spread to the United States to punish livestock farmers. Hardly the kind of utterance we should expect from those that profess to care for animals? Then again we don’t expect anything different from PETA spokesperson Toni Vernelli promoting the same old unfounded emotional garbage.

Scouts and for that matter all anglers are not bloodthirsty fish killers. The relatively few fish that are taken to be eaten are dispatched by humane methods. Caring anglers operate a policy of catch and release.

As fish don’t feel pain where does the cruelty come in?

Wendy wants the scouts to divert their energies into clearing debris from our waterways - anglers already do this - not just their own litter but much more from an uncaring throw-away society.

Many celebrities and stars support so-called animal welfare organisations such as PETA if only to get that ‘feel good, fuzzy feeling’. Shouldn’t they check out the policies before they commit their money and moral support ?

PETA have publicly stated that they admire the activities of the Animal Liberation Front. How far is it from moral support to financial commitment and increased violent action against a legal, peaceful, environmentally friendly pass-time?

Yours…..

The address is;

Letters to The Editor

Daily Express

245 Blackfriars Road

London SE1 9UX

or expressletters@express.co.uk

All letters must include your address and telephone number, to be considered for publication.

Mike

Guest Simon Newbould

Mike,

Thanks for that - it was exactly what I was looking for..

I've just mailed the Express...

Simon