Seen in The Daily Express today

Guest Simon Newbould

Guest Alan Roe

This is a copy of the thread I posted today as a replacement for the one I had pulled.

Re Peta and Prestenters

posted by Alan Roe on 11:36 2/5/2001

(email)

I am concerned that threads relating to this issue are being pulled. Is it that Channel 4 are ashamed of the antics of their presenter Wendy Turner and are afraid to admit it.

Certainly she has done them no favours and has undermined both her own credibility and that of the programme that she fronts.

The contents of her recent letter to the Duke of Kent which was copied to the Daily Express to achieve more publicity, showed a total lack of understanding of her chosen subject matter.

Sadly its contents represented nothing more than the gross propaganda of and extremist vegan organisation called Peta

The sad fact is that Peta are an extremist organisation who openly oppose the keeping of animals as pets or indeed any form of interaction between people and animals.

To this end they are open in their advocacy of terrorist groups who regard human life as expendable in their 'Cause'.

Wendy has abused her position as a public persona in being a mouthpiece for this group, particularly as she is fronting a programme on good animal husbandry ...something disapproved of by the group she is speaking for.

If she wishes to remain an open supporter of these extremists then she should do so from a less hypocritical position and either resign from her present position or be dismissed.

Guest Paulg

As of 15:00 on 02/05, all threads on the Channel 4 forum which relate to Wendy Turner and PETA appear to have been pulled....again.

Guest Fatboy
Originally posted by phil dean:

Fatboy, is there a central point where we can contact the scouts/cubs to offer services either individually or on mass??

Hi, try www.scoutbase.org.uk.

You can find the syllabus for the Anglers Proficiency badge on

http://www.scoutbase.org.uk/library/books/.../badge/s_an.htm

However, I've been in contact with the Scouts already and pointed this article out to them along with a few of the articles salient omissions and some advice about PETA's methods.

They have been asked to investigate and reply, and also revert to me if they are going to ignore the article.

If the Scouts will not respond, they can have my resignation.

As a flavour, the syllabus we have to ensure is:

Health and Safety - For both the Scout and the fish One section insists you can prove you can recognise signs of stress in fish and know the EA's emergency helpline number.

Water awareness - Knowledge of who to inform

in the event of discovering,poaching, pollution or fish in distress. Wildlife observation from photographs or sketches.

Understanding the importance of water plants.

Showing consideration for other water users.

Tackle and techniques - Appreciation of hte need to dispose of old tackle appropriately.

Casting both beachcaster and float / ledger

within a 10% tolerance. Setting up at least 6 different types of terminal tackle.

Explain the importance of handling and releasing fish with care. Use of lower strength hook links in coarse fishing.

Setting a keepnet properly.

OR

How to use a priest to despatch fish quickly.

Identification of Sea, Coarse and Game species, and knowledge of habitat, feeding habits and suitable baits, flies, lures and hook sizes.

Adminstration and the law - Close seasons and size limits. Understanding of all aspects of rod licences. The addresses of the NFA and the NFSA.

So, you can see that apart from using the priest, the whole thing is about promoting best practice and conservation.

Would you promote the banning of this award??? Angry? I'll say I am!.

ALan

------------------

Guest Bruno Broughton

You're playing a blinder, people. biggrin.gif The NAA has responded by letter to the Daily Express but (it occurs to my devilish mind), wouldn't it be 'convenient' if we could discover the email address of the producer of Pets Rescue or (better) the Controller of Channel 4. wink.gif

The dogs are out and on the scent... but by all means let yours out, too.

------------------

Bruno

Guest phil hackett
Originally posted by Bruno Broughton:

You're playing a blinder, people.   biggrin.gif The NAA has responded by letter to the Daily Express but (it occurs to my devilish mind), wouldn't it be 'convenient' if we could discover the email address of the producer of Pets Rescue or (better) the Controller of Channel 4.   wink.gif

The dogs are out and on the scent... but by all means let yours out, too.

Come on people there must be an angler(s) who works for c4 who can find out the internal E-mail of the people Brono is talking about.

I'm sure Elton would accept an alias for this one from you.

Peta are intent on destroying your sport in case you've not realised yet!

If you do just one thing in defence of you sport, post the E address of these people.

Guest Newt

As of whenever I posted this thing, I can't find any signs of any discussion whose topic relates to Wendy, PETA, or similar. Pulled again? According to their rules, you can say whatever as long as it relates to Ch4 and doesn't contain obscene language. Makes one wonder if they consider Wendy or PETA obscene. biggrin.gif

Guest andypiscator

hi, i added a thread which read, well i think wendy, poor mixed up girl should resign, which one she should resign from i`m not sure, are you ch4. andy.

Guest StuartR

I see that C4 has removed all postings critical to Wendy Turner again, but just so happens another has just been started.