Ballinamore

Guest Stupot

Guest Stupot

I am visiting Ballinamore Southern Ireland in September has anyone got knowledge of bream venues to share. I have visited the area several times and am quite happy to give the info obtained over the years. My results over there have been somewhat mixed, the bream have been a little scarce the last couple of years on the venues I have been fishing.

Guest courtone@libertysurf.co.u

Good evening Stupot

Your mixed results may down to the time of year you go if you fish the rivers. I went in September one year to Ballinasloe on the Suck near Athlone and we found the locals had been digging the peat for winter, the trouble was that the water left behind after their diggings drains into the river and is like vinegar, puts the fish right off. We had an almost blank week. Could be your problem too.

Cheers Keith. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

courtone

Guest jimbobby
Originally posted by Stupot:

I am visiting Ballinamore Southern Ireland in September has anyone got knowledge of bream venues to share. I have visited the area several times and am quite happy to give the info obtained over the years. My results over there have been somewhat mixed, the bream have been a little scarce the last couple of years on the venues I have been fishing.  

Guest shamrock

A good place for big bream is Drumlaheen Lake, 2 miles west of Fenagh village, which is close to B`more. They show at dusk and dawn but are not the easiest to catch. You have to cast out a fair bit (60-100yds) to get to them. Small boat for g`baiting would be an advantage.

Again, with bream fishing, large fish/small shoal, you could be sitting it out for a while.

With all those nice pubs, when you should be on the bank!!

Contact Ivan Price, who runs a guest house in B`More.