Aquatic plants wanted

Guest Martin Drury

Guest Martin Drury

Our village angling club needs to carry out some improvement work on the local reservoir and we are on the lookout for any unwanted Lillies or marginal plants.

All donations gratefully accepted

Guest Bruno Broughton

If you were nearer, I'd invite you to come over to our syndicate lake and collect what you need (a few others have done that).

A couple of words of warning, though. I STRONGLY suggest you do NOT introduce Fringed Water-lily (Nymphoides peltata) if you have significant areas of water less than about 7-8 feet. It will colonise the lot with alarming speed. This lily has small, 3-inch wide, frilly-edged leaves and small yellow flowers on short stalks. The other native and ornamental lilies are fine.

Secondly, either obtain your plants from a fish-free location or wash everything thoroughly (with a hose jet) lest - inadvertently - you introduce any nasty fish parasites.

------------------

Bruno

[This message has been edited by Bruno Broughton (edited 23 June 2001).]