boilies why bother

Guest crakemarsh

Guest crakemarsh

on a visit to my local tackle super store it struck me just how few base mixs there are now and how many so called super ready made baits available who makes their own any more and is it worth it i for one say you get more sense of achievment with own baits and those who dont agree are just lazy so and sos

Guest Gaffer

Hi Crakemarsh, I agree with you that you get a lot of satisfaction from making your own boilies.

I still make my own, but I also buy frozen ready-mades.

If I am regularly fishing a venue then I'll make my own to my own recipe and get it established as a long term bait.

If I'm fishing a water as a one off or once in a while then I'll find out the going bait {$} and buy it in the frozen ready-made form.

{$} If I'm not sure of the 'going' bait then I'd probably go for a high-attract short-term ready-made.

Also don't forget that a few years back you had to make your own because it either wasn't available or it was soooo expensive.

Now it's nearly the same price to buy bait ready made rather than buy the ingredients and make it yourself.

I hate 'gunning' out 10 or 12mm sausages!

Although I still make my own I'd rather spend time fishin' rather than rollin' and that's not 'cos I'm lazy. wink.gif

BTW I'm using a frozen ready-made at the moment which is doing the 'biz', it's probably the best bait I've ever used and will be reviewed shortly. wink.gif

------------------

All the best,

Gaffer

Guest Keith
Originally posted by crakemarsh:

i for one say you get more sense of achievment with own baits and those who dont agree are just lazy so and sos

Yeah, and I dig my own worms, breed my own maggots, make my own bread and grow my own sweetcorn! wink.gif

And soon as the piglet in the garden gets a bit bigger - fresh luncheon meat!!

The truth is, some people simply don't have the time or inclination to make their own from scratch.

Doesn't make 'em bad people! smile.gif

------------------

Yours,

Keith

Blyth,

Northumberland

mailto:keith@go-fishing.co.ukkeith@go-fishing.co.uk

http://www.wacac.co.uk

Guest Elton

Blimey. I get to fish about once a month. If I had to make my own baits, that would be about once every three months!

Elton

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle