33lb Grafham Water Pike

Elton

One of the best pike caught from Anglian Water Trout fishing reservoirs has been landed by James Woodroff on a boat at Grafham Water when the 33lb specimen grabbed his eight-inch Fox replicant.

Article here:

http://www.northantset.co.uk/sport/other-s...table_1_3182106

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Lovely colour of pike that is.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Blimey, I think the albino pike ate all the pies on that occasion. I prefer this one;

Edit: BTW this is Nick, he joined JV44 for a pike teach-in last Saturday. Did very well and was handling pike confidently by the time he left which is more than can be said for me.

DSCN0072.jpg

Edited by Rusty

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Grafham and pike is not an easy combination, and location is perhaps more essential than most waters I've fished.

Very short notice I know, but I'll be at Grafham tomorrow, it would be good to meet up either there or Rutland at some point! Fishing for the noble zander though, not the pike. Might be at Rutland next weekend, not 100% sure yet...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Very short notice I know, but I'll be at Grafham tomorrow, it would be good to meet up either there or Rutland at some point! Fishing for the noble zander though, not the pike. Might be at Rutland next weekend, not 100% sure yet...

Would have loved too, but this weekend family calls.

I'm strongly considering Grafham or Rutland next Saturday.

Andy Mac,

Do you find, in England, the deeper the fish resides the lighter the coloration? I have no proof, only an old man's observations. I kinda think that is true. Especially for trout (maybe salmon(?) in the US.

Phone

Edit: six posts on the top page. Can you tell I didn't go fishing today?

Edited by Phone

I don't know mate. I live in Scotland.... :o

I generally fish Highland waters, reservoirs and canals and many of them are heavily coloured from run-off or they're peat-stained due to the terrain so I can't really say. Also, from experience, different pike don't frequent different depths. In Summer, they'll generally all be found in shallow water and in Winter, deep water. The depth they're found at depends in temperature.

I know some fish can change colour quite dramatically, as the season changes and some fish have rudimentary chromatophores but I don't think it applies to pike or at least, I've seen no evidence to support the idea.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Andy,

Of no particular value, just something I've noticed over the years. I know even less about predatory fish (execpt sunfishes [grandchildren]). With carp, the darker the water the lighter the fish. Ohh, where I fish 85% we have M U D - not stain. I think of stained water as acidic water from tannin in hardwood tree leaves staining the water darker. (?) I'm weird that way I guess, obscure details.

Someday I hope to visit Scotland, Been lots of places but haven't yet been to Scotland.

Phone