ESP when fishing

Guest Steve Burke

Guest tony jolley

I wrote an article in the last edition of the N,A,C magazine "Angilla'.

I told of a session myself and my fishing partner had on the canal,

the tale statrted 3 years previously, when we looked at a few "likely" areas to fish for eels,

At the time my pb was 3.8lbs.

I had not had a great deal of experiance regards big eels, and I wanted to take my time and improve on my p,b over a period of time while gaining confidance and knowledge,

We arrived at a spot on the canal after looking at 4 other places, As We walked on to the bridge and looked over into the murky water I felt strange as though I was down on the bank looking back at the bridge from about 100 yards away up the canal,

I said to Phil that this was a "special" eel swim but I was to wound up to fish it and Phil thought I was to weird as well!

but he listens to me and we agreed that when we felt that we were ready for that "eel of a lifetime" this would be the first place we would go.

Last year we made a move and decided to target the "big EELS"

We fished there and I felt strange again just as I said to Phil that "somthing special was coming to one of us" my indicator sounded and I was connected to a big eel. 5.3lb while we sacked up the eel my other rod was away 4.2lb I was in a right state!

I had another in the morning at 2.12lb,

If you think thats strange!.

We went on again same spot a week later,

and I had a 4.7lb eel,

3 eels over the magic 4lb in 2 sessions.

I havent had "that feeling" since.

But I will (and I`m sure Phil) will be taking notice.

------------------

Tony B.T Jolley

Guest Graham E

If you read Chris Yates books he often talks about ESP and how he strongly believes in it.

He puts the cup of coffee etc. theory into what he calls "switching off", ie the fish being aware of no power waves or something on the bait.

For my own part, the instances of KNOWING that a fish is near my bait are too many to ignore.

I often find that I can fish rod in hand practically in a daze and then suddenly all the senses start to heighten.. theres a barbus about. I have thought in the past that there must have been un noticed signals but I still cannot find them.

Does hunters instinct exist. I would say so.

Guest Kitson

Well, How many times have you stared at the float for hours, only to look away, and just as you do , you get a bite?

Guest Peter Waller
Originally posted by tony jolley:

give us more on your theory, peter

Hi Tony, I'll give you an example. A few years ago I was out lure-fishing for pike. Not far away was a dinghy with a party of anglers onboard. One of the party was a little girl. Now, I have worked with children for many years, watching her behaviour, I knew she was uneasy about something. They were not groundbaiting so I didn't hang around waiting for them to move for the inevitable pike that would be prowling around their vacated swim, I waited because I knew that she knew something was there. They were moored up against the reed bed so when they went I cast a Meadow Mouse right into the reeds where they had been, the result, a big pike. That child had sensed something, I'm sure of it. I have fished off shore, when for no reason, the skipper has shot his nets, this was in the days before fish finders, he then caught. Ask him why & he wouldn't really know, other than that he knew there were fish there. I do a great deal of pike hunting, I don't sit & wait for the pike to come to me. I put my lure where there might be a fish. Sometimes I put my lure where I sense there to be a fish. There is no evidence, no signs, I just know there is a fish there. It may be a place I have never ever fished before. I talk to other succesful pikers, many feel that they sense a fish's presence. Hunters instinct, that animal 8th sense? ESP?

Guest big tinca

Funny thing that is'nt it?

That used to happen to me down at the river all the time!

I would sit there all day staring at my tip and nothing and as soon as i would get a drink etc i would see the tip flying back and I would strike and nothing?

ESP weird ehh!!!!!!

------------------

Happy Tenching.

Big Tinca.

bigtinca@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by big tinca (edited 05 June 2001).]

Guest RUDD

While float fishing for tench with two mates last year I suddenly shouted Im in and then picked up my rod and struck. The float had not moved and my mates have both stated that it didnt.

I landed an 8lb tench.

My mates asked how I knew that a tench had picked up the bait but I have no idea!

RUDD

On the 24th February 1991 I Pike fished a brick pond with 2 friends. I spent all morning in a very relaxed mood as I knew that at 4:00pm I was going to catch a big Pike, and I also knew from which swim. I spent lots of time just watching the water and visiting other parts of the pond with no thought of casting in. My friends thought I was bonkers. After lunch I cast my deadbaits out and settled back. At 4:45pm I hooked and landed a 14lb pike. Not a huge fish to many but one of only 2 different doubles we ever landed from there. The other being a 20.

I had a run on the same pond on the 4th October 1992 and caught the same fish at 16lb 4oz while performing a coca cola sacrifice to the pike gods. It was something we did to entice a run O.K. I'm not wierd or anything. HONEST.

On the 10th October 1992 I caught the 20 pounder within 5 minutes of casting a popped up trout to a spot where a grebe had surfaced and travelled half way accross the water at the proverbial ton ninety while anxiously watching its tail feathers. Don't ask me how I can tell a grebe's mood by its facial expression cos I don't know but this grebe was definitely not happy.

---------------

Best Wishes

Andrew Webster

Guest tony jolley

thanks peter for the post!

the best incident that I have read about is the chris Yates record carp story he states in his book Casting at the sun, that he sent post cards to some of his friends stating that he was going to break the carp record on june 16 he posted the cards 3 days before the 16 =13 june!

------------------

Tony B.T Jolley