still water barbel - depressing news.

Guest lyn

Guest Alan Pearce

Hmmmm! and I suppose this new species of barbel have there own group, or will they be accepted into the BS?

Alan.

Guest yeboman

How about this for a pickle? Should the RMC be right and Barbel do florrish in still waters. What if in a couple of years the Barbel record is broken by one of these so called puddle dwellers? would it be recognised as a record? Would this debate be opened once more? Would such Barbel be actually labeled "barbel" as their cousins in rivers?

Guest Dave Hill

Yeboman,

No pickle at all...

People cannot choose what is and isn't a record, a record is no more than a note of an historical event... either it happened or it didn't!

Regards...

Guest yeboman

Dave, I wish everybody viewed a record in that way. Seems that when it comes to record fish things gets all too confusing. Eather its an import debate, spawning debate or weighing debate. I guess one will always get some niggle on trying to cliam a record but is all of the fuss not starting to deminnish the actuall listing of records?

Guest Alan Pearce

As this thread is drawing to a close it would be interesting to have a final comment from the Barbel Society.

Guest Keith Truscott

Just to emphasise this point, how many of you have purchased June Improve Your Coarse Fishing and had a good look at the free pamphlet inside Titled Premier Fisheries UK.

Looking through it, it is amazing how many of the Comercial fisheries advertise stillwater Barbel fishing. This is primarily the handbook for Browning Cudmore Fisheries.

No more Browning tackle for me!!!!

Keith

Originally posted by Keith Truscott:

Just to emphasise this point, how many of you have purchased June Improve Your Coarse Fishing and had a good look at the free pamphlet inside Titled Premier Fisheries UK.

Looking through it, it is amazing how many of the Comercial fisheries advertise stillwater Barbel fishing. This is primarily the handbook for Browning Cudmore Fisheries.

No more Browning tackle for me!!!!

Keith

I didn't get a copy in mine. I don't think I will bother phoning RMC to get one as suggested in it!

lyn