Lower Itchen fishery - Fish-in ??

darrell.cook

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm determined to attend at least one fish-in this year and as the Itchen is the stuff of dreams it might be worth the long drive down to fish; again depending on dates.

Paul

Darrell,

One point which may affect your idea, they are quite keen on limiting the numbers of anglers on each day. They have tightened up since last season to make sure the venue isn't overly pressured. Last time I checked, the maximum number allowed was only 5 or 6.

Regards,

Paul

Just spoke to the people at the fishery. Limited to 5 or 6 on any one day. However the season ends on 14.02.05, if we book the fishery for 15.02.05 then we can have 20 people and the sole use of the fishery.

Sounds like the best option - so how does the 15th sound to everyone?

Second thoughts. I've got a problem with the 15th. I'm on the Test on the 13th, so would appreciate a slightly later date for the Itchen.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'