Lower Itchen fishery - Fish-in ??

darrell.cook

I have a hotmail addy for him but I don't think it's current. Leaving work in a little bit and I think I have a newer one at home. If so, I'll PM it to you.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newt:

I have a hotmail addy for him but I don't think it's current.  Leaving work in a little bit and I think I have a newer one at home.  If so, I'll PM it to you.

Thanks Newt - It would be great to see you too - but I guess it's a lttle far for a day trip !

Ratty46:

i would love to come down,whereabouts is it?its my birthday on the 20th so it would be ideal!transport could be a problem tho   :(

I'll be driving down from Southend, seem to remember you are an east londoner if so you won't be too far out of my way!

Mat

Mat

Guest sslatter

If they allow you to, you should definitely try the weirpool by the millhouse. It's got some huge coarse fish swimming around, including two big bream and a large grass carp that often gets mistaken for a double-figure chub. I caught my PB chub (6.2.0) from that weirpool on a prawn. Above the weirpool, the river narrows considerably, and you'll have to be as unobtrusive as possible: "softly softly catchee fishee". Some very big chub and grayling, and one or two VERY elusive big roach, but all easily-spooked, as the river is narrow and quite 'small' on this stretch..and, last but not least, it is one of the most pristine stretches of river you'll ever see- straight out of Mr. Crabtree. To see the river in its spring/summer glory is a sight to behold. A beautifully-managed water of high quality. I just wish I could go too.

[ 06. January 2005, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Graham X ]

Well, seeing I'm coming from Cheltenham, I had better come the day before. Please advise when you are booked for certain, so I can book accommodation.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Kleinboat

I am coming from the Midlands and will drive down that morning. When I went to Timsbury it took about 2 hours and I would say the same would be for the Itchen. Weekends, the traffic is ok especilly early in the morning and late in the evening. The only problem used to around Newbury but the road works have almost finished

Seph

Paul