Lower Itchen fishery - Fish-in ??

darrell.cook

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working the 15th, but a day off shouldn't be much of a problem, one question - how much bank is there at lower Itchen? are we going to have enough room for 20 anglers, all presumably long-trotting ?

Mat

Mat

No problem with numbers of anglers, this is a big stretch, with plenty of features.

They offered the 15th, but I could go back and ask for another date. What about the weekend - say Saturday 19th ?

If we can get an idea of numbers, and availability I'll speak with them. If we only manage 5 or 6 then we could go anytime. It would be nice if we had a dozen plus and had the river to ourselves though, don't you think.

I wouldn't mind have a go but for fly fishing I am rubbish (can't even cast a fly) :( or can I use normal coarse fishing tactic? :(

But just thought the 15th is in mid week but I am committed to overtime at work :o so I wouldn't mind if it was the 19th :D

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

darrell.cook:

Andrew, It's coarse fishing - excellent trotting for grayling. Also chub, pike, carp, etc.

Great news on the coarse fishing. :):) Darrell what weight/sizes does the pike runs into? But wouldn't mind having a go for the grayling :D as well!

[ 05. January 2005, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Burgess ]

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

I have a brand new fly rod, reel, floating line, sinking line etc. and I have never been fly fishing!!

If I am allowed down by you guys, I'll bring fly and coarse rods and tackle with me!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription