Which Snake?

Guest Big Nick

Guest Newt

Vagabond - you really ought to try it sometimes. If you can find some bull frogs, their legs are great eating. I spent many hours when I was a youngster going after them - nighttime only.

If the UK happens to be short on bull frogs, hop across the pond and we'll go get a few. Bigguns can jump well over 15 ft but if you put a light in their eyes, they will stay put long enough for you to catch em.

At the same time, I can introduce you to carp with no name and some great fish the UK doesn't happen to have. smile.gif

Guest Vagabond

Hi Newt

Bull-frog stalking sounds a great idea - I remember reading a hilarious account by that great American writer John Steinbeck of a frog-hunt in Monterrey - it was either in "Sweet Thursday" or "Cannery Row", can't remember which, but I laughed my socks off. Will certainly take you up on it if visiting your neck of the woods. Have eaten the European Edible Frog's legs - taste OK but portions are a bit small. smile.gif

------------------

Vagabond

Guest Big Nick

Umber,

It was at the BAA pools by Bridgenorth at Nordley (No.2). I was having a recce for a match i have there on Saturday.

------------------

Big Nick

Guest poledark

We got lots of Grass snakes around Snodland area. Last year one swam into the bank right under my seatbox, came out of the water and crawled under the box. It never came out of the other side, scary, and even tho I was sure it was safe I snatched up my box and moved swims.

I seem to have read somewhere that they are classed as aquatic creatures.

poledark

Guest dave k

this photo was taken at a private stillwater 2 weeks ago snake.JPG

i have also seen Adders and grass snakes onthe river Cam.

------------------

dave kennedy USSC Angling

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

The funniest thing i ever saw was at 7 springs on Cannock chase a woman was paddling in the water when she let rip with an almighty scream & ran out of the water at top speed shouting its a cobra!!!!

I had to go take a look (well you would wouldn't you?) it turned out to be a grass snake n i couldn't resist picking it up & walking towards her with it then letting it go in the ferns biggrin.gif

Good thing about living in Stafford is the country side which surrounds it i love taking my lads to Milford common and going for a walk across the chase! smile.gif

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

Guest poledark

Talking of Adders, when I used to do anInsurance round at Wrotham Heath there was a short cut to one farm and theyleft a pair of Welly boots for visitors to put on before you crossed the "heathland"

poledark

I am only up this early becos I've got the new computor biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

When you say new computor poledark do you mean the machine or have you just put a new hamster in the dynamo to power the old un better? biggrin.giftongue.gif

Try putting a rat in the wheel mate i did n its a lot better now! biggrin.gif

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

Guest poledark

No Allan, no hamster, this ones a Tiger!, 1.7Ghz,256RD Ram, 40Gb Hard drive,CD Rom, CD RW, Digital Surround sound, 64 Mb Radeon Video card, lovely bit of kit...Well I,m not spending much on fishing at the moment...thats my excuse to the wife....and anyway it's my money... and it will last me a few years....and anyway I want it so there!

poledark biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Cor blimey I've just been rejected for laughing to much!