Looking for river fishing

Guest Alan Roe

Guest Alan Roe

Hello everyone I'm back from my Hols in Sunny Suffolk!!!

Trouble is that whilst Ive been away there has been several outbreaks of F&M in the Ribble Valley which means that all fishing up here will be a big NoNo.. frown.gif

So I am desperatly looking for some decent river coarse fishing within a two hour drive from Lytham St Annes.

I am happy to join any relevant club or pay day tickets.

Any ideas or suggestions??

Cheers

Alan

Guest phil dean

Hi alan, if you fancy a trip to Durham, there's trout chub barbel and huge dace in the river wear at Durham, baths free stratch is close to the town centre.

Alternativley, and somewhat closer to you, the river aire in leeds, nnot very pretty, but does have a good head of chub (which i know you like), not many trout though, sorry.

If you do want to come up this way, give me a call and i'd love to meet up.

cheers

phil

Guest Alan Roe

Thanks for that Phil. If can get up your way I will and I will give you a call it would be nice to join you for a day

Cheers

Alan

Guest Bridgey

Hi Alan

Probably about 1 1/2 miles away from you, the river Goyt. I know a sretch that backs onto an industrial estate which I have never seen anyone else fish. There will certainly be no problems with F&M even if this reaches Stockport town centre!

I have caught Chub to 3.15, Brownies to 2.4 and plenty of Grayling averaging probably 6oz. There are Barbel in nearby stretches which I have not targetted yet (watch this space!).

If you fancy giving this a bash drop me a mail and I'll direct you, might even be able to get along at the same time.

Cheers

Guest dexter

Alan

May be just out of range but just got off the phone from the landlord of the Wingfield arms at Montford Bridge on the Severn and he says they will be open on the 16th.

Also sent e-mail to secretary of Lymm AC to ask about their stretch at Atcham. Will let you know the outcome.

BTW I will be fishing Montford bridge on the 16th. I've fished better stretches on the Severn but still can't wait.

D