Is The 16th Going To Happen?

Guest Elton

Guest Elton

I noticed today that all the fields around me have been closed again due to Foot & Mouth precautions. This is in a county that hasn't had an outbreak.

So, what's it like elsewhere? Is there going to be mass movement towards the rivers on the 16th, or will many of them be closed?

frown.gif

Elton

------------------

Anglers' Net

Keeping It Virtual...

Guest Peter Waller
Originally posted by vince.battams:

elton, ever since the old closed was abolished the 16th june has never happened

Not for you Vince, but then there are anglers and then there are Anglers! Nothing about superiority, angling is many things to many people. But to some of us the 16th is sacrosanct, and that is Angling! You're welcome to your opinions on this one, equelly I have my views. Possibly neither is better than the other, perhaps, lot depends on your attitude to fish. But I prefer my Angling to have a 16th in it! I believe I am right in saying that Holland has re-introduced their close season. A very librel country so, if I'm right, why have they done it?

Guest big tinca

The River Aire in leeds should be open........i hope smile.giffrown.gifsmile.gifwink.giffrown.gif

------------------

Happy Tenching.

Big Tinca.

bigtinca@hotmail.com

Guest phil dean

it will be tinc.

plenty of water up in the North East folks if you fancy, no sheep left, but plenty of rivers.

Guest Barbus maximus

Unless something changed earlier this week all of my local rivers - Christchurch and Ringwood stretches of the Rivers Avon and Stour were all due to open. Salmon anglers have been fishing most of the Avon for the past month.

I'm also dabbling on Fishers Green, St Patrick's and Tyringham on Ouse and I phoned RMC Angling to be told that all of their rivers will be opening on the 16th too.

Good news in the south at least, I just hope our northern colleagues are as fortunate as we are down here.

Asa for the Midlands etc What's the score on the River Severn anyone?