Pellets..

Guest Steve Randles

Guest DCAPTAINKIRK

another difference is carp pellets has flavour in them (i.e nash squid liver & grange c.s.l)though you can flavour trout pellets (i.e dip em)

------------------

D.KIRK

Guest Simon Newbould
Originally posted by Gray-Catchpole:

any more to add simon???

Err...nah... as you know I've had "discussions" with BB in the past and I don't really want to get into anther one wink.gif

As Bruno says - used in small quantities high oil content pellets shouldn't cause a problem and even when used in large quantities they won't neccessarily cause problems.

Most other responsible manufacturers / suppliers have lowered the oil content of their pellets in an attempt to minimise any possible ill effects....SB haven't - but then again they seem to be successful (maybe it's the high oil content that's the "secret")....

I guess it's each to their own - but I wouldn't be happy using a high oil content pellet even if it was in small quantities (you don't neccessarily know how much the other anglers on a venue are introducing)...

This is NOT intended as a personal dig at either BB or SB - I hope it doesn't come across that way...

Simon

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Funny when i was on paltalk the other night i was informed that there is absolutly no difference between carp pellets & trout pellets!! confused.gif

Looks like i was right when i said the oil content is one difference and i was right when i said that trout pellets are harmful to carp etc!!!!!

Thanks all

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

Guest Adrian

Just wondering, but if fat/oil is a problem for fish, where does that leave the cheesepaste we have been using for years?. Also sausage/luncheon meat.Are they ok as it is a different type of oil, or because it does not get slung into a water by the kilo?.

Cheers, Adrian

Guest Gray-Catchpole

sorry alan

but your not right, like i said on PT, its down to amount and feed, and oil content, read your goveners stuff, balance, see you on PT later.

copius amounts of any non natural food is bound to be harmfull, to man or fish, ......where is my marsypann and cider yorkshire toad in the hole pudding biggrin.gif

------------------

Email:

[This message has been edited by Gray-Catchpole (edited 06 June 2001).]

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Gray please explain??

I said that carp pellets had a different oil content and different ingredients to trout pellets!

You stated that there is no difference between the two!

There were others in the room who heard this so how am i the one who got it wrong??? confused.gif

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

Guest dave k

I must admit i have to agree with alan here.

We had to agree to differ on pal talk the other night when you said "there is no difference between trout and carp pellets just the name"

I use trout pellets and hemp, but neither of them to the excess you see some anglers using.

------------------

dave kennedy USSC Angling

Guest Gray-Catchpole

alan, dave

i didnt catagorically say there wasnt a difference, as i dont know, what i was getting at was, from what i can see, volume of aditives, fat, oils and so forth, in both baits is so neglagable now, there is no real difference, from what i can see, carp pellets have more oils in them than trout pellets ever did, so shouting and screaming about how harmfull they are doesnt realy apply, when used in a responsible way.

can you honestly say, that throwing in kilo after kilo of say micro pellets into a swim just to keep the fish feeding, whilst you use another bait as hook bait, is better than using trout pellets, wich tend to be used in less amounts due to there pulling power.

i didnt say you where wrong alan, i said your not right, as in most things angling, its open to interpretation.

BTW just in case anyone thinks i have an axe to grind one way or another, i dont use trout pellets, this was and, shall remain on my part a discution.

------------------

Email:

Guest FishinMad2001

Us Irish dont have this problem! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Pellets thats fisher price fishing! Stick to natural baits thats what the fish "should" be eating not deep fried fish pellets! Any of those pellets introduced onto match circuts around my part of the world, are laughed off the scene! Well thats my opinion, which I assume will change in a few years when carp, in large numbers are introduced into our waters. Something which personally I dont want to see happening in my life time! It would logically mean that Irelands prolific bream bags would soon but all dissapear! frown.gif

------------------

Tight Lines,

Tyrone, http://www.tackleshop.co.uk/