Animal Protection

malevans

Guest sslatter

You makes oy larf, you really do.. :D:D:D

One-by-one, all your arguments have been shot down in flames, so you now resort to scraping the barrel:

allibee:

And if you check back over the thread you will see I'm not the only one who found your first post on the matter totally ludicrous.

Oh I see! Because someone else posted in a similar vein, this means that you are "right" and I am "wrong". Okay. Thanks for that clarification.

allibee:And on the subject of antis (something you keep bringing into it), I'm sure they will have a field day with all your anti animal remarks.

MY "anti animal remarks"? You're the one with the anti-animal remarks, matey. I was the one with the anti-domesticated cat remarks, remember?

Try and clean up your act.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, this thread becomes nice and friendly right now or Moderation will occur....

Deep breaths everyone, and count to 10 real sloooooooow :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Dear Chaps,

Cats? We have two. Syrup (tomcat) and Lilly a female. I have yet to see better mice and rat catchers and as I live slap bang in the sticks, we can tend to get a few of both rodent species. Of course, the cats are part of the family and for most of their lives spend their hours like all cats fast asleep. Having said that, our cats as yet haven't fathomed out the difference between mice and rats, and the other species they kill. Everything seems to be fair game. Like for instance pheasants, rabbits, and squirrels that all become surprised victims of the feline duo if they stray too close. Syrup in particular has perfected a resorceful way of catching rabbits. He simply climbes an apple tree down in the orchard at the end of my garden and lays about ten feet up on a branch. When dusk comes and one or two rabbits stray away from their normal feeding grounds into the orchard, syrup drops upon them off his branch like a leopard. Never misses either.

But that aside, does everyone else think that we, as a society, are growing more whacky as each year passes? The UK seems to be getting festooned with everything that the "ban culture" dreams up not to mention our politicians facsination with the EU and everything else its whacky Brussels based crackpots dream up to throw at us?

Regards,

Lee.

Guest allibee

Errr ... you actually haven't won one argument but hey ho ... you obviously think you have

quote:

MY "anti animal remarks"? You're the one with the anti-animal remarks, matey. I was the one with the anti-domesticated cat remarks, remember?
Yes, you were, aggressive an loud against an animal right from the off.

ummm a cat - domesticated or otherwise - is an animal ... duh!

Clean up yours ... with the emphasis on 'up yours'

Have an nice day now, y'all :)

I think it's time everyone calmed down. For that reason I am closing this thread for 1 hour (it will be opened again at 9.00pm). Forget my suggestion about counting to 10, make it 10,000 instead!

John S

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Thread opened again.

Now, let's keep it nice and friendly eh? No slagging each other off. No namecalling. Just a nice and friendly discussion :)

Take care

John S

Hi just caught an interview on 5 Live with a RSPCA representative. She stated quite clearly that whenever science proves fish can feel pain they will come under the protection of the new legislation. The interviewer kept trying to bring in insects and slugs for a gimmicky angle but I found her last statement to be of the most concern re fish feeling pain.

Kev

The 'bunny hugger's behind these campaign's have a warped 'slugs are more worthy of life than oak trees' view. You will always have trouble convincing such people that angling is good.

'Our great leader' has aligned himself to these groups with the 'hunting' bill so expect a lot more of it in the future!

Graham, allibee has a point and her views deserve just as much thought as yours (and apparently she's got great bazookas too!!) I suggest you both leave the pussy thing alone!!!!

Heyhooo nice to see a heated debate though!! :)

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Guest sslatter

toggle: "Graham, allibee has a point.."

Right..ooooooookay..

What is her point, then? Because, apart from throwing insults, I couldn't see any point(s) there at all.

Please do enlighten me.

Like my collegue I will also be keeping an eye on this thread.

As regards the proposed legislation it has yet to make the passage through parliament which is a long and tortuous process and the headlines that start with a bills passage rarely make it to the end.

Legislation if it is to be viable has to be workable and not to threaten the generally law abiding populace. I would be supprised if many of the wilder elements that could affect gardners farmers and indeed potentially ourselves got through the committee stage.

Doubtless there will be many pairs of eyes scrutinising this bill and bringing pressure to bear on our lawmakers my suggestion to those who have a REAL concern other than to sound off pomposly on internet forums is to offer your services to the SAA and be involved in letter writing camaigns to your MP.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan