Junior Anglers Forum

Guest pikelines editor

Guest pikelines editor

Question for Elton,

At AN we have several forums set up for us adults??? What about a forum specifically for the kids? They are probably more 'IT' literate than most of us lot!

Best,

------------------

Steve Ormrod

Guest phil dean

no, but the main site should be kid friendly, whether children or just inexperienced anglers like myself, knowing that some experienced anglers may read your stuff and you could get some real gems from this encourages you to post and ask questions, if the people on the forum were all less experienced you may not be as inclined to vote on there, but equally would you vote on here if this was just for adults/experienced anglers.

sorry but i don't want it.

Guest big tinca

Hiya Steve.

Personally i think the idea of a kids forum id a good idea but i would'nt make a forum just for kids.

Like phil said one for inexpeirenced anglers like myself which i think alot of people would benefit from!!!!!!

------------------

Happy Tenching.

Big Tinca.

bigtinca@hotmail.com

Guest Gray-Catchpole

i aggree with phil here.

i think that if that where to happen, the kids would feel limited to that forum, and perhaps feel intimidated, i also think they would miss out on a lot of very interesting and informative discutions.

i say nice idea, but it sounds like the kids would be shoved into a corner, and that is most definetly not what we want.

------------------

Email:

Guest mpbdsnu

I agree - kids need to learn from experienced aglers who post on here - not seperated off into their own little virtual reality world!

Guest Fatboy

No.

If children are the future of angling, they must be included.

I am a totally inexperienced angler as are my children. I'm sure that some of my postings on the Coarse Forum must have bought hoots of derision amongst some of the more experienced anglers, but you'd never guess it.

I know there was a young Irish guy who made himself insufferable a few months back and paid the sanction, but ask politely, explain yourself and AnglersNet always comes up with answers, and quite often offers of practical tuition in angling.

This last bit leaves people rather open, but common sense usually prevails.

So, please keep the fora as they are, although I do agree with Elton's idea of a carp fishing forum.

All the best,

Alan

------------------

Guest pikelines editor

Thanks for your reactions folks.

I certainly didn't mean set up a forum to exclude our youngsters from the other forums, no, definately not. Sorry if this posting came over that way. They are our future and should always be included in everything.

I just thought it would be interesting to see our youngsters interacting between each other on their own forum. We could even make it a rule that no one over say 20 years old could post on it?

Although we would all be looking in out of curiosity...

Do not underestimate our young anglers, I have seen some very encouraging material lately.

Any further thoughts...

Best,

------------------

Steve Ormrod

Guest Gray-Catchpole

hey mad

as one of our younger members what do you really think, after all this affects you mate.

------------------

Email:

[This message has been edited by Gray-Catchpole (edited 05 June 2001).]

Guest FishinMad2001

Well Gray, we have to look at it this way. Is there enough juniors on AN to have Elton go to the bother of opening a new fourm? I think not, but I may be proved wrong. Any juniors looking at this thread please post and say "I".

Another point. What good is it having "just" a junior forum when talking between themselves and older inexperianced anglers will result in nothing being learned, as what was being said earlier in the thread was that most juniors are inexperianced?! Have I not got a point? Many juniors in that respect will then either not post anymore on the site or move to the coarse fishing fourm where experianced anglers can give them advice.

Personally thats what I would do anyway! If the junior fourm were to be opened surely the same questions would be asked, as would be asked on this forum coarse forum anyway, but not in as much detail and understanding.

My opinion is to say "leave it the way it is" but by all means open a carp fishing forum, just as long as it doesen't take the "experianced" anglers away from the coarse fishing forum!

Nuff said!

------------------

Tight Lines,

Tyrone, http://www.tackleshop.co.uk/