Fishing Licence

THFC

Alright everyone,

got a stupid question regarding fishing licence, when you buy a fishing licence, is that for public places like the local rivers etc, do you still need to buy one if you go to a lake, or is that why lakes charge alot more money?

I've always brought one, even though I mainly go to lakes now, and I was just wondering if you still need to buy one, even for the lakes

you need a licence whereever you fish (except the sea) the reason some lakes charge a lot more money is because they can!

incidently the only times i've ever had my licence checked have been at commercial fisheries

Don't expect to not get asked wherever you go. I fish river Ure and a few nearby lakes. I nearly always get asked for my license. Most of the bailiffs know me now and only say "Ah my american friend.. Caught ought?" :confused:

And then... "You wot?" "Those aren't swan shot." :D

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

A relative of mine bought himself a fishing diary for next year. In it, it states that a licence allows you to fish FOUR rods if fishing for course fish and eels.

Is there going to be a change next year, or is the diary wrong???

Anyone shed any light on this??

Bacon butty:

A relative of mine bought himself a fishing diary for next year. In it, it states that a licence allows you to fish FOUR rods if fishing for course fish and eels.

Is there going to be a change next year, or is the diary wrong???

Anyone shed any light on this??

The diary is wrong you need two licences for 4 rods. And only if the fishery/club allows it.

phil h.

quote:

Originally posted by Koi Carp:

My local lake cost
s
£6 for a day ticket .... Daylight robbery! I get there as early as possible and fish till dusk to get my monies worth!
:D

Got to say that that doesn't sound too bad :rolleyes: depending on whether or not it's stocked, maintained, facilities etc. Where else near you can you fish a lake for less, then? :confused:

DG :cool:

[ 25. October 2003, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]