Swimming Squirrel?

Jeff S

Before work this morning I stopped off to do some lure fishing on the river. Caught a few perch and a 5lb jack.

Believe it or not as I made a cast I saw something out of the corner of my eye and got a few digital pictures of it. A squirrel was swimming across. I thought it might be a mink but the tail was floating behind it. Has anyone ever seen a squirrel swim?

I've also heard of pike stealing fish as you reel them in but hadn't seen it until today. The perch was a third its size. I'll try to get pictures next time. Quite exciting though.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Would love to see those pics!

One was trying to nab the food from the top of my pond the other week and fell in - wouldn't quite call it swimming, though. 'Flying Squirrel' would have been more apt :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

The pictures look a bit grainy probably because it was just getting light. The flash didn't help any either. You can definitely tell something is in the water but even by zooming in with my software (kodak easyshare) it looks like a stick. I can't post any yet. Misplaced my password.

Never can tell what you are going to see when you are out. I've seen a mink falling out a of tree into the water, birds landing on my pole :D , and a fox trying to outrun the hounds

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

The following story was told to me many years ago and the bloke swears it was true....

This bloke rented a small pond in Kent and decided to lop off the branches of the overhanging trees which actually almost met in the middle.....you can guess the rest can't you.....stupid squirrel ran up tree, along branch and leapt.......into space!!!!.

It swam ashore, ran up the tree again and did the same thing.

And they say that squirrels learn quickly :D

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Yeah, and that one learnt that diving was fun :D

I don't know what it is about squirrels, but they always make me smile. The ones we get in our garden are nutters (no pun intended). They often run around like things posessed for no apparent reason.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I had just come back from hunting once and there was a squirrel in the garden, that was sittign on the bird feeder, get a peanut, do a 360 degree swing around the perch and get another and so and so on, I did think about shooting it on the basis it was a mad squirrel.

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

Alan, he was also pulling funny faces at my large cat that was sat underneath, and I was hoping and praying the little wretch would lose his balance and become the moggie's next meal.

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts