Orchid Lake or Linear St. Johns..............

Rob Ward

My annual week long fishing trip begins Saturday with the Wingham fish in. I'm then driving up to Oxford to a mates to watch the England v France game.

I'm planning a 48 hour session on either Orchid or St. Johns Lake after a new PB Carp (Currently 21lb8oz) so I'm wondering which water to go for - any pointers?

quote:

Originally posted by Rob Ward:

I'm planning a 48 hour session on either Orchid or St.Johns Lake after a new PB Carp (Currently 21 lb 8 oz) so I'm wondering which water to go for - any pointers?

Rob, if you're after the best chance of something over 25 lb, of the two (and I personally wouldn't necessarily pick either) I'd go for St Johns Lake at the Linear Fisheries BUT ... depending on exactly when you're going i.e. what day of the week, school hols etc etc, it can get v crowded.

DG

[ 03. June 2004, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

I suspected as much to be honest - I'll be doing the Monday/Tuesday.

I reckon Linear has the advantage over Orchid in that there's a good few other lakes to have a go at if St. Johns isnt fishing.