Hampton Springs Fishery

larsagi2010

Hey!

We are off to Hampton Springs tommorow to hit the specimen lake (Folly) Although I have been to Hampton before I have only fished Alice Springs and Rock Pool, both of which produced me some nice Carp to 10lb 6oz.

My personal best stands at 16lb so I am really eager to try and beat this tommorow. My normal tactics are a Preston flat in-line method feeder pressed with soaked expander pellets. Hookbait is normally a single grain of corn on a short 3-4 inch hooklength. This seems to pull out plenty of Carp, but as we all know every water is different.

Does anyone have any recommendations for folly lake? What areas to fish on the lake, what kind of range, and also info about rigs/baits ect: would be highly appreciated!

Best regards, Dan

Species Caught 2011: Mirror Carp, Barbel, Ide, Rudd, Roach, Bleak, Perch, Bream,

Species Caught 2010: Perch, Pike, Roach, Rudd, Bleak, Bream, Gudgeon, Ruffe, Ide, Tench, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Barbel, Chub, F1, Crusian Carp, Goldfish