North Western Multi Range 2.25lb T/C Blank

Rob Ward

Hello, does anyone have any experience with this specific North Western blank?

If so could you describe the action i.e. Through, Progressive or Tippy?

I'm guessing they're progressive but would like to confirm if anyone knows.

Cheers

Rob

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, does anyone have any experience with this specific North Western blank?

If so could you describe the action i.e. Through, Progressive or Tippy?

I'm guessing they're progressive but would like to confirm if anyone knows.

Cheers

Rob

A friend of mine has a pair of northwestern (I think Kevlites in 2 .25 or 2 1/2, I can't remember) and they're a very nice through action same as some northwestern 1.25 tench rods he has. I thought through action was progressive...in'it ? By the way Rob they cast like fookin ell. I actually think northwestern blanks are a bit more powerfull than stated.

I've got the Kevlites in 2lb - lovely rods but bend right through to the butt which makes them useless at punching anything over a couple of ounces out any sort of distance - they struggle to put 2oz method feeders more than about 35 yards.

That's why I'm interested in these blanks, the Kevlites are great for short range work but I need something with a bit more backbone in some situations.

I'd define a progressive action as somewhere between through and tip, they do bend right down to the butt but have more power in the middle section - most barbel rods are progressive action whereas your traditional bomb rods are through action.

Rob, if you're planning to use them where I think and with method feeders, bearing in mind the thick weed, I would seriously consider getting some decent carp rods in at least 2.75lb tc. I think anything less will now start to struggle to be honest...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Rob, if you're planning to use them where I think and with method feeders, bearing in mind the thick weed, I would seriously consider getting some decent carp rods in at least 2.75lb tc. I think anything less will now start to struggle to be honest...

Already got those and hoping I won't have to use them!

Already got those and hoping I won't have to use them!

I know the feeling, I'm going to have to get something more powerful, but like you I'm hoping I won't have to use them...but I think it's pretty much inevitable now!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

fine up to cats of 39lb my PB ,not the best casters though but i fish short range anyhoo

theres two types of anglers, those with telephone poles who bully fish in and those that use their tackle with skill and patience

i have had carp up to 26lb on match rods who needs sea rods?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

fine up to cats of 39lb my PB ,not the best casters though but i fish short range anyhoo

theres two types of anglers, those with telephone poles who bully fish in and those that use their tackle with skill and patience

i have had carp up to 26lb on match rods who needs sea rods?

Nothing to do with skill, it's to combat very heavy weed. The skillful angler is the one who lands the fish they hook. You're not going to get a 26lb carp out of a weedbed with a match rod and to use light gear in that situation is irresponsible.

Nothing to do with skill, it's to combat very heavy weed. The skillful angler is the one who lands the fish they hook. You're not going to get a 26lb carp out of a weedbed with a match rod and to use light gear in that situation is irresponsible.

why are you not going to get a carp out of a weedbed :rolleyes:

surely its irresponsible to fish with the prospect of one getting in and you pulling its mouth apart getting it out :o

seen very damaged carp with terrible tears from just that scenario expect ,better a light hooklenght break than tethering it with a heavy one when your sea rod fails to do its job.

you guide a fish you dont force it ,try letting the fish come to you than having the need to fish heavy at 100 yards ,you obviasly dont understand how fish feed ,try sitting by a pond at dusk in silence and you will see the carp right under the bank,carp (most fish) come into the shallows at night ,some follow ducks who are the little cleaners who clean up after the daytime angler so carp associate ducks with food

i doubt my pb cat realised it had even been hooked it only woke up at the net

what heavy anglers are doing is "thinking" they need heavy tackle because some brand name is on it and "bigger must be better" and whilst using it are removing half the fun of angling

put your camping ideals away and only use it when the fish are asleep get a little rod and try stalking you will catch far more i promise a pole angler will catch more in an afternoon than a weekender ,seen it very often and its not all little fish ;)

overnighting isnt about fishing its camping / freedom and time to think why wait for a bite at far range when the fish are 20 feet away waiting ,why do you think the fish are far away ? because anglers are stomping about and scaring them with hoofing great weights

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson