Help! How do u set up a BOILIE on to your line??????

Guest jimbobby

Guest jimbobby

I am new to fishing and i am not sure how to set up a boilie on to my line. I was fishing at my local pond and a fisherman said I leave a loop at the end of the line, slide the boilie on and put a little twig to stop it from coming off.

Is this a way or have you a better method?

Thanx

Guest Fatboy

Welcome to the site Warren, I'm new to fishing as well.

If you look at the 'Fishing Rigs site on the left hand side of hte screen, you'll see a 'Carp Rig'page. On here, are instructions on how to tie a hair rig.

You'll need a bait needle and some stops for this. Bore a hole through the boilie, hook up the hair loop and slide the boilie over

the needle and onto the loop. hold a stopper

over through the now exposed bottom of the loop, slide the bait back down to lock the stop and there is a boilie secured adjacent to the hook.

This is the first time I've been able to offer anyone any advice on angling tactics.

Do I feel smug! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I half expect someone to tell me I'm wrong, now!

Be lucky.

Alan

Guest Keith
Originally posted by jimbobby:

I am new to fishing and i am not sure how to set up a boilie on to my line. I was fishing at my local pond and a fisherman said I leave a loop at the end of the line, slide the boilie on and put a little twig to stop it from coming off.

Is this a way or have you a better method?

Thanx

Jimbobby,

PLEASE!

If you're new to fishing, don't start by carping with boilies.

I'm anything but anti-carping/carpers, but I don't believe that anyone would argue that the best way to learn to fish, would be by diving straight into that particular world.

The fact that you don't "get" the hair rig, suggests - with respect - that you need to take a step back and start with the basics: buy a float rod and reel, a few wagglers: and join a local club with a decent "beginners" water, and tuition.

As you gain experience, and learn about watercraft, fish behaviour, how to read the weather and whatnot, it'll put you in a better position to progress (if that's the word) to carping.

It's often the anglers that rush straight into the big fish scene that are the first to jack it all in (have a look at the amount of carp gear being sold in the Angling Times/Angler's Mail free classified ads!) and end up playing golf - you don't want that, do you?? smile.gif

------------------

Keith

Blyth,

Northumberland

mailto:keith@go-fishing.co.ukkeith@go-fishing.co.uk

http://www.wacac.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Keith (edited 23 June 2001).]