What UK Coarse fish species HAVENT you caught?

Guest Big Brother

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

BB do you mean NATIVE species or any that are in our waters? confused.gif (& yes i know carp ain't natives)

I have never caught a grass carp,danubian/european/wels catfish,Zander or a Barbel well these are the ones i can think of off the top of my head!!

Oh or a Dace frown.gif

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

[This message has been edited by ALAN FAWCETT (edited 26 June 2001).]

Guest Andy Thatcher

UK cat is about all I'm missing not counting bitterling etc. Might fancy a go at UK salmon or more likely ferrox at some point.

Guest Big Brother

I would count salmon, trout, grayling

(?) etc as gamefish so not really connected with this question but interesting though wink.gif!

In reply to do I mean native - this is a subject that could run and run with loads of species - when I say UK coarse fish I mean your average run of te mil fish you read about each week in the various press!

After seeing these lists I too have got to add Grass Carp. It seems that Zander, Catfish, Grass Carp, Barbel are the main 4 that most of us have noty graced the banks with - YET wink.gif

Cheers,

Big Bro

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

hey BB you're Damn right when you said YET!!! biggrin.gif

Think about it for the Cats you've got yateley for the Barbel you've got kempsey for the Zander you've got the Norfolk/Suffolk fish-in (can't remember the name of the venue) as for the Grassies I'm sure someone on here will arrange a fish-in at a venue with them in rolleyes.gifHINT HINT tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

Guest big tinca

Big Barbel, Catfish and Pike.

------------------

Happy Tenching.

Big Tinca.

bigtinca@hotmail.com

Guest Chris Plumb
Originally posted by Graham E:

Don't want to be too bigheaded here but barbel really are pretty easy to catch ('cept this season for me!) Try reading my article on catching barbel.

It does help of course if they're in the river you're fishing - not everyone has ready access to barbel waters ( I had 3, 7lbers last night from a swim less than 10 minutes walk from the front door - just had to slip that in. biggrin.gif )

As for species I've never caught - & I'm assuming we're counting the char as a game fish?? coz I've never had one of them. Then it would read - zander,catfish, shad, vendace, powan, lamprey, sticklebacks (both)and loaches (both) though these last 4 have been captured with a net as a kid. biggrin.gif Never caught any exotics - never want to !!

Chris

[This message has been edited by Chris Plumb (edited 26 June 2001).]