Float fishing in Deep water

Guest Kitson

Guest Winks

Hi Kitson

The Polaris is a brilliant method for fishing deep water, you can buy different sizes and it is best used in conjunction with your feeder rod. When you cast out the float will find its own depth and sit on the surface, all you do then is set your rod on the rests, bury the tip under the water and tighten up until the float tip is at a suitable height. You get tremendous lift bites with this method and because your line goes straight down from float to feeder, line bites are reduced.

Hope this helps

Guest phil dean

Hi winks too, people are mad on here so you may wish to escape now.

another great time to use the slider is off the peir, you can get some really bizarre species down the edge,

back to course. if the swim is within 13m you could fish your deeper stretch on the pole, i've never fished 13m to hand but have had great success at 7m to hand.

(BT, well on to 20 so far this season (had 18 over 1lb)if only i could avoid those carp.)

Guest Kitson

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Excuse my ignorance, but what resistance is there on this rig?, if a fish takes the bait, what's to stop the float just sliding back up the line instead of going under?,

Kits.