START OF SEASON

Guest RUDD

Guest RUDD

Last week I said I was going to tell you how I got on Saturday.

Arrived at the water at 6am

Started fishing at 6.30am

I feed micro pellets 6m to my left in the margins and a waggler line 8m to my right near some lillies.

I fished dynamite meaty bites and sweetcorn on the size 14 hooks.

I used my new browning drag and net pole with a size ten elastic, 4.5lb map carptek

and a drennan series 2 4x14 carp float for the margins and a waggler rod with 4lb line stright through with a 5bb straight peacock.

I caught just over 50lb of fish until 1pm.

First fish was a 2oz rudd.

Then I caught loads of small tench to 3lb,

crucians to 1.5lb, chub to 1lb, skimmers to half pound, small rudd and roach to 6zoz and a 4lb barbel (legacy of the club that owned the lake before our club).

The weather was bad with gusts of wind and showers all day.

Most fish came in the margins but managed a few on the waggler during coffee breaks.

Last night i fished another water and caught a 15lb mirror and a 17lb common on double chum mixer on a bait band. Both fish were heavy with spawn.

Not a bad start to my new season.

RUDD