Eel Societies

Guest Ian Cresswell

Guest 'eelfisher'

Stuart......you and I both.

Still it is nice to see that B.T. is back....everyone can see that he is the maverick of all maverick's.

I am busy with NAC stuff at the moment so that is the reason for my absence. Please forgive me lad's and ladies.

Yours With Respect....

Steve.

Guest tony jolley

Read back friends.

I said that my views would be differant.

I dont think that makes me a "maverick"

just "differant"

Still there are massive eels on your`s and my planet Spac.e.man.

Differant waters differant conditions maybe.

We all know the eel (or we think we do) so nothing should surprise us!

------------------

Tony B.T Jolley

Guest 'eelfisher'

Dear Tony

Don't you know a compliment when you receive one??????

All eelings different, that is what makes us what we are......when was the last time you used frozen day old chicks?????

I hope no one has taken offence by your bait selection.

I am off out tonight...catch you tomorrow sometime, OK.

Yours With Respect.....

Steve.

Guest tony jolley

Hi steve.

I Have tried the chicks (no eels yet).

They are the food chicks the pet shop sells to the people who keep snakes and lizards.

I dont collect them my self, they cost under 20 pence a piece, frozen or fresh.

My father in law told me that when he was younger he worked on a farm next to the l+l canal. the farmer used to use chicks out of his barn dueing the war to catch eels from the canal for food , thats were the idea came from and I thought they were worth a try.

What do you think? early season nests and all.

------------------

Tony B.T Jolley

Guest pikelines editor

Hi guys,

Have heard of old wives tales re. the use of chicken guts for eel pre-baiting, supposed to be very good, but oh the smell!

Been informed of a local water that produced a 7.12 last year, 5's are common, WHAT! Am going to have a few reccys...

Will keep you posted on what occurs.

Slimey paws, Best,

------------------

Steve Ormrod

Guest 'eelfisher'

Dear Stevie O...and B.T.

Hello chaps

Stevie babe, '5's are common'...now there is an old wives tale. However, go for it my old son...hope you do a 7.13 in the process....now that would be 'slimey paws'.

Tony, it is good to know that you have explained the 'chick' bit to all those out there who do not know they are laid out in rows in pet-shop freezers as food for snakes, lizards and the like.

Stevie O can tell you a bit about 'during the war' tales......he's been about a bit.

Stevie babe, have you done any sessions as yet and where are your subscriptions or are you off else where???

Either way, power to your rods....I'm off out now for another bash. My water has done 7's...but 5's are not common at all....the other eels aren't common either but I'll give it best shot, as they say.

Legered worms on one rod, hopefully a 2" Rudd head section on the 2nd and a 2" live roach/skimmer on the 3rd. (No fourth rod due to my own restrictions on this water.....most swims can only cope with 3 rods sensibly.)

If you're both out tonight....then good hunting.

Yours With Respect.....

Steve.

PS...Spike and the Spac-e-man are out on their waters as well.

PPS...Something to do with superb weather conditions, me thinks.....

[This message has been edited by 'eelfisher' (edited 19 May 2001).]

Guest tony jolley

Dances, Steve`o,

I took (what looks to be a new junior member) on the canal last night,

His first session on a canal for eels,

having only caught 1 eel by design (that was with Phil) on a local stillwater and about 1lb.

I had hoped that phil would be joining us but the purchace of 2 puppies put a stop to that.

We went, and james had a new pb of just under 2lb a typical canal sized eel for the area were we went worms the bait on a sidley rig,

He had a couple of runs on top of that but no more eels, I had 4 runs 3 to lives and one on a half roach, I made a total hash of the run/strike and so, no eels for me.

------------------

Tony B.T Jolley

Guest Spac-e-man aka eelangler

Were the puppies frozen? aAnd what size hook do you use with them?

Seriously though BT. Tough luck on the session, but that eel fishing for you. Getting the run is only half the battle. Hooking them, now that's the other half.

TTFN

Spac-e-man

Guest pikelines editor

Hi all,

Not had time for any sessions yet, but will be doing very soon. Steve, don't worry my alliance is still with NAC, just have to remember to get my cheque off to Mark, thanks for the reminder. Remember to keep Sept 22nd free to bring the NAC stand to Piking2001 at the UMIST Manchester.

Looking forward to hitting the new venue, old favourites will come first from June 1st though.

Keep well slimed guys,

Best,

------------------

Steve Ormrod

Guest NICK ROSE

Hello lads @ Eric T

I am fishing all next week ( NIGHTS ) so hopefully I will catch something to write to you lot about.

Eric thanks for your address and we will talk some more, I look forward to meeting up at the old place.

I hope all you eel boys are OK and catching. It seems we have a fair few out there hitting the key boards. Eric I was on the Barbel thread cos I wanted to be, as some of them seem to have lost all feeling of reality.

Still not one of them acknowledged my post except Lee so maybe they think us Eel boys are not worth bothering with,( Not a new thing ). They will learn. See you all soon.

To Steve and Stu D,B,I,I,

Nick

[This message has been edited by NICK ROSE (edited 20 May 2001).]