AnglersNet / Lodge Pool Day Out

Andrew Burgess

it was probaly due to all the bait i chucked in the swim next to you dave lol....

glad to here ya catched there

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought the use of lights to attract fish was illegal? Or is it meant to relax the fish into a susceptible state of mind?

Or is this using a threaded length of wax candle as a surface controller, by any chance?

Davy you are nearly right. Right the floating candle is something similar to surface fishing with float.

It is something similar to the surface fishing but not using an ten pin float or an controller.

The candle is made out of plastic with a heavy elastic in the bore of the candle, on one end is a metal ring to tie your hooklength. On the on other end of the candle there is also a loop to be tied to the mainline.

The basic set up is to used a heavy floating line of 8lb - 10lb with a lower breaking strain hooklenght as the elastic will take the shock absorbs between the candle and the hooklenght.

I will try and get a picture up here sometime this afternoon for you.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Thanks for organising a great day, Andrew.

Bernadette's daughter caught her first ever fish - and followed up with more from our local park lake yesterday afternoon.

Bernadette caught on Saturday and had a few yesterday.

I lost a decent fish in the lily pads, and at last knockings, lost a large fish on my carp gear when I was smashed off right under the nose of Mr Matthew - whose compant throughout the day was thoroughly enjoyable.

The only thing missing throughout the day was black pudding - unless Budgie ate it all.

Thanks again.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Alan sorry about the black pudding at Breakfast there seem to be a bit of a mishap between me and the cook :D

Shame that you got smash up by an decent fish towards the end of the day.

It was nice to meet you and your family at last. You are a smashing chap who is keen to learn on the art of fishing. I hope you will have more success on your fishing mate.

I am hoping it might be a regular do at Lodge Park but I will have to wait and see what happen at the next committee meeting.

Will let you know the outcome.

As I have promise the picture of the floating candle

Posted Image

It was mainly design for as a flat feeder for fishing tight against the islands and sloping banks on carp water. Also great for burying hookbait in feeder - the feeder will land the bait side up everytime.

But a few of the Lodge Park local anglers use them as for surface fishing with either chum mixers or breadcrust on the hooklenght.

deanbmw:

it was probaly due to all the bait i chucked in the swim next to you dave lol....

glad to here ya catched there

Loose feed/groundbait only I hope, Dean, you don't want to be breaking any rules :

3) No surplus baits to be deposited in the pool on completion of the fishing.

I was glad I caught too :) , it didn't look good for quite a while.