AnglersNet / Lodge Pool Day Out

Andrew Burgess

badexcuseforanangler:

Had a great day, thanks for all the hard work Andy

The carp beat me 2-0 but thats fishing for you, Im sure I would of got a few out if I could have fished for longer but Ive been living the single life for years now and had young lady coming to visit in the evening

Darren

Anytime mate.

[ 07. August 2005, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Burgess ]

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

deanbmw:

a big thanks to the member (i didnt catch his name) who set my sons method up and got him instantley in to a carp.

Deanbmw that was Norman (member of the committee) who help your son on the method feeder and instantly got him a carp. Good bloke Norman is :D .

deanbmw:

and a big thanks to andy for the hard work he put and a thanks from my son and nephue to andy for helping carry their tackle back to the car.

a great day lets have some more.

Anytime mate it was no problem at all. Dean there might be more of this fish ins next year but we will have to wait and see. Will let you know if you are still interested.

Andrew, thanks for everything it was good to meet you.

With hindsight I wish I had fished #2 swim like you suggested with a feeder up against the weed, ah well, I did catch a good lot of decent roach and perch on the maggott and later switched to the lead and had a couple of good runs but failed to connect.

Also with hindsight I wish I had reeled in and gone for a walk and had a good chat with everybody, but it's hard to just go marching up to strangers and force a conversation.

Anyway, thanks again mate.

Anytime Ian as it was nice to meet you, shame we never had that little chat about do the Pershore fish in.

I did tried fishing in Peg #2 after gave up hope in peg #1 I did landed a couple of carp but lost real good one. Can't win them all

Despite having read about and been told about both "The Mmethod" and "Floating candle" techniques I had never used them! Mainly down to not having fished waters that would respond to them.Thought that as well as a good social day the trip to Lodge Pool wouldf be a good time to change this.

Due to a late night at the gym I decided to drive up in the morning (a three hour drive)upon arriving at the pool Andy was there to meet me in the carpark.Brekfast was excellent (even got a second due to some one not turning up!)Every time someone turned up Andy was there to meet them,bring them in to the bar and introduce everyone.I thought this was a great touch.

After brekfast we were all taken to our pegs and either Andy,Frank James (Carpy) or one of the other lodge Pool regulars would brief us on the swim.

Gerry (Argyle) was pegged next to me and same as me had never fished the water before.We had a great time trying to catch on the feeder and later in the day trying to avoid the ducks )some more sucsessfully than others :o ) whilst surface fishing!

Dont think Ive ever lost so many fish in a day!That said I was lucky enough to catch a tench and several carp on both the methods used.Learned a lot about two relatively new methods so that in it self made it worthwhile.

A great day ouy and thanks to Frank for coaching me and generally running around for me all day,Darren (Bad excuse for an angler) for supplying the groundbait additive that actually made my groundbait stick to the feeder!,Gerry for supplying me with several hooklengths with screws and other strange plastic bits attached to the hair along with a pound of his famous sausages!and last but not least my brother Andrew for putting on such a great day for us all. :) His organisation and effort as the host made me truely proud.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I should add that the sausages were for human consumption and not some exotic carp bait and there were actually 2lb, but with your appetite I doubt if you'd notice the difference :D

I can however vouch for budgie's view of Lodge Pool. I swear that some of those ducks were laughing at us :)

[ 08. August 2005, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

and i thought it was just us who had a duck problem lol

....the babys would make great pike bait though :D

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

Firstly, thanks to Andrew and the LPAA for organising and hosting the event, and to Andrew and Frank for their advice on swim selection and tactics.

I arrived mid afternoon and fished the furthest of the swims on the island, by the newly fallen willow tree. Preferring to fish on the float rather than the feeder I started with this but found out there was only about 18" of water in front of me. I missed one good bite early on the float when talking to Frank and that was it for a while. I tried a few casts with the method feeder to the weed beds but didn't get any interest on that either. Early evening I switched back to the float, fishing luncheonmeat close to the willow. The carp eventually agreed that this was a fishy spot, and I had a consistent spell of bites that resulted in 5 of the smaller carp, biggest 5lb, and lost two bigger fish. The fish were still feeding well when I packed up at 20:30, early for me, but I wanted to find my way out of Lodge Park before it got dark.

Anyway, thanks again to Andrew, and it was nice to meet the select few I talked to.