Bala Lake info?

Guest Bridgey

Guest Bridgey

I am planning a 3 day session at this water next month. This is going to be mainly a Pike fishing sorty with the bonus of my first attempts at Eels at night.

I have an area in mind where I am aware of some good fish being taken recently. My main problem is going to be baits. I believe this is mainly a livebait water, catching enough Roach does appear to be a bit difficult. Could anyone advise me on areas where I might be in with a chance of catching a few?

Thanks in advance.

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Bala lake eh?

That brings back memorys from my time on the fairs.

I fished the lake a few times mate (get ready to hear the stories of the monster crocodile that lives there) rolleyes.gif never for Eels though!

I used corn & meat when i fished it but if the old memory serves i remember being told to fish the bit of river which flows behind the fire station because there was supposed to be some nice Tench & Eels there dunno if its true cos i never did fish it!! frown.gif

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

Guest Paul Williams

Bridgey,

It's been a long time but from what i recall.....take the road from the town straight down along side the lake to about a third the way down.....maggot feeder on the tip (weighted swingtip then)fished at about 40yds (depending on water levels) to the second shelf for roach....grounbait did help to hold them if you can get it out there.

Don't go to far out coz it can get VERY deep.

The perch are at times more catchable than the roach.....the pike like em to!

I had most succsess with pike in the second or third (i think) big bay from the town.....again try for the second shelf.

The eel are the most accommadating but i never had anything very big even on deads.

I (and others!) have put alot of time into Bala....it is full of mystique and a very beautiful place to fish....enjoy it but don't expect to much.

Guest tony jolley

Bridgey!

As Paul said earlier a lot of eel anglers have fished Bala over the years (I`m not one)

you can get hold of an eel fishing video from the clear water company,

STILLWATER EEL FISHING by Dave Holman

the main part of this is set on bala,

hope this helps!

------------------

Tony B.T Jolley