The Method Feeder

Guest Gray-Catchpole

Guest Gray-Catchpole

just had this question sent to catchpole any help guys

The Method Feeder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any of you lot out there used this plan of attack before?

How d'you get on??

Have you got any suitable groundbait mixes to share with us?

thanks

actually its ages old but ive just managed to get back on CP`s forum biggrin.gif

------------------

Email:

[This message has been edited by Gray-Catchpole (edited 06 June 2001).]

Guest phil dean

I've only used it once, it worked, I used sillybaitmixed as hard as i could get it, cast out and sat on my hands for two minutes till the tip went right round.......worked well.

Guest Andy Thatcher

I use it a fair bit but to keep cost's down I use trout pellets as the groundbait. Take a bait bucket fill it 3/4 full with trout pellets then pour on boiling water until it reaches half way up the trout pellets. Leave for 30-40 minutes. The results are then mixed up together with bits of boilie, corn, hemp and any liquid additive I fancy.

It takes a little experimenting to get right but when you do you get a rock hard method groundbait.

Guest DCAPTAINKIRK

i use vitalin dog food for the method.its brill for catching carp and is so cheap.u can get it from any pet shop nationwide.i am fishing a hard water and havent actually caught on it yet though im goin to a pretty easy day ticket water this weekend so hopefully i will catch on it.

------------------

D.KIRK

Guest Gaffer

Hi all, my prefered method feeder is the Fox one.

It's dead easy to use/set up and comes in 1.5oz and 2oz.

Method.jpg

I use Vitalin with chopped boilies and/or particles with mine.

If I'm using the 'Method' feeder for it's intended use [!] then I'll inbed the bait into the method mix.

[!]A ball of attraction on a heavily stocked water to stimulate a feeding frenzy where fish will compete and accidently take the inbedded hook-bait.

If I'm just using the 'Method' feeder for getting a pile of ground bait and freebies tight to the hook-bait then I'll use a pop-up boilie which I won't inbed into the mix.

Hope that helps.

------------------

All the best,

Gaffer

Guest Fatboy

I hope The Tangler sees this thread.

He uses the method regularly and mixes his own baits. More importantly, he catches regularly too.

I don't know his recipe, but he mixes loads.

Darn good teacher too.

Alan

------------------

Guest Elton

Keep it going - let's have a good 'Method Feeder' thread.

Gaffer, any chance of a beginner's article on it one day?

Tight lines,

Elton

------------------

Anglers' Net

Keeping It Virtual...

Guest fisherking

I used to use a similar rig to Gaffers only the hooklength was only about 2 inches long and was not concealed in the mix.

The inner mix was experimented on quite a bit by a friend and I about 4 or 5 years ago and the best inner mix in our experience was colant.

We reckoned the strong smell to this mix did the job for us and a kilo bag was plenty for the two of us for a full day as it set solid and stayed put.

The base of the outer mix would be brown crumb.

Into this would go sweetcorn,hemp,dried mollasses even wild bird seed which was bought in large quantities.

The mix was made fairly dry to explode in the first foot of water and this mix of seeds(which were crushed before mixing) and dryish crumb would be fizzing all day.

Sometimes the fish got a bit wary so then we would switch to a small open end feeder with a 4-6ft tail to carry on catching.

We did notice at the time that a lot of the fish caught had there mouths sliced which we realised was the result of the new very low diameter braid which thankfully is now banned on a lot of fisheries.

John.

Guest The Tangler

OK Fatboy steady on I've seen it.

This is How I would go about it:

The Mix.

2 X 1kg bags Van Den Eynde method mix ( red )

1 bag red bread crumb

1 tin sweetcorn ( liqudised )

1 cup cooked hemp

1 cup crushed trout pellets

1 cup baby milk powder

Mix this up then add:

1 tin whole sweetcorn

2 cups sml trout pellets

(In the winter if I use this, first I will sieve out the feed in the Van Den method mix and leave out the whole sweetcorn and trout pellets).

Now take about 2/3 of this and put in to another mixing bowl.

Add water ( try adding molasess to the water ) to the lager amount so that it is still dryish, make the smaller amount wetter but not too wet.

The idea is to put some of the smaller mix on to the feeder first and then add the dryer mix to the outside of this.

What happens is this, when casted out the outter layer ( dry ) will start to break up as it hits the bottom sending out a cloud to atract the fish. The inner layer will stay around the feeder and if all goes well the fish will atack it finding your bait in the process.

I use an inline free running "Method" feeder and a hooklength of about 6in, if you find the need for the bait to be closer to the feeder then fold the hooklength in to the groundbait.

------------------

PETE.

Fishing in Kent and the south east.

http://thetangler.homestead.com