berkely powerbaits

Guest jonn

Guest jonn

has anybody come across these soft plastics, either mail order or online from shops in the UK?

or in shops in hampshire-southampton/portsmouth area?

Guest Newt

John - if you have problems finding them in the UK, you can always mail order them from the US. They are probably one of the 2 best lines of soft-plastics in existance today.

Guest RONAN

I use the Trout powerbait and have filled my freezer during trout season, every year, since the advent of this.

The plastics with the powerbait formula impregnated into it, is for targeting bass.

Could`nt tell you if they are versatile for attracting other species ???

RONAN

Guest jonn

thanx for replying guys,

RONAN,

if you ask any of the amercian posters, i think they would tell you the impregnation should work on all predatory fish, as it it thought to taste like blood?

only thing is, cos it's salt based, perch might be put off-but i'm not sure about this yet.

[This message has been edited by jonn (edited 07 June 2001).]

Guest Newt
Originally posted by jonn:

.... it is thought to taste like blood?

only thing is, cos it's salt based, perch might be put off-but i'm not sure about this yet.

Perch don't like blood???

newt,

it's the lack of interest perch show for saltwater deadbaits that made me say that, there's probably another reason for it though-(higher oil content?).

uh oh, redface.gifredface.gif

sorry Ronan, i just checked your profile. you are one of the american posters. oops.

one of my mates got hold of some ribbontail worms, for sea fishing over here. they worked well on wrasse and took pollack as well. biggrin.gif

there is two 'strengths' of powerbait i think,(according to the berkley website) one tournament strength, the other original. on the berkley website, it claims the tournament is species specific to bass or walleye. confused.gif

I don't now if this will put other fish off, or just encourage the target species even more. the ribbontail worm was tournament strenght though, so has anybody used one or both types of bait?

do the tournaments still take other fish as well as there 'target'?