Goretex maintenance

Guest Butt Banger

Guest Butt Banger

Chaps

I've just bought a pair of goretex trousers and a goretex jacket from an army surplus store.

Can anyone offer any advice on cleaning/washing this material please?

Cheers

Butt Banger

Guest matt_shaw

I have a Gore-Tex fleece and just follow the washing instructions on the label biggrin.gif

------------------

ECO Timber Panels, Barn Way, Lodge Farm Ind. Estate

The ECO - lodgical choice for wood

Tel. (01604) 759222 Find us at http://www.Yell.com/

Guest DerwentBob

All my Gore-Tex mountaineering kit can be washed in the washing machine with a non-bio powder (I use a special gore-tex soap made by Grangers and available from any camping shop). To re-activate the proofing in the facing fabric a cool iron may be used but this depends on the facing.

If you regularly use a biological wash powderthen you may have to wrinse your machine out first. This is the procedure I use for proprietary Gore-Tex so if you have a W L Gore fabric you should be OK but use this advice at your own risk - some fabrics are not Gore-Tex despite the labels.