I Broke My Pole!!

Guest Big Nick

Guest Big Nick

I recently had one of the worst days fishing ever. I broke my pole, fell in and sprained my ankle.

Arr I hear you all say!

Now to top it all I am having difficulty getting a replacement section for the broken one.

Can anyone help?

I need a no. 2 section for a Maver StrongArm. If anyone knows where I can buy one from please let me know, as I have been quoted a 3-4 week wait.

------------------

Big Nick

Why not give Arpino Rods a call on 01784 491610 they may be able to mend it. They are based near Heathrow.

lyn

Guest andygowans

what sort of break is it?

i recently snapped the 3rd section on my maver it was a cleanish break and my tackle shop had it fixed in ten minutes!

Guest FishinMad2001

euggh! My only advice would be to get through Maver stockists as its safe and may just work out cheaper! I too have a Strongarm and I havent broken any sections yet thankfully but in the past friends have with other maver poles and replacements came in and around a week.

PS : Can you hold those Strongarms at 12.5 meters, as far as im concerned u need literally a strong arm to be able to!!

------------------

Tight Lines,

Tyrone, http://www.tackleshop.co.uk/

Guest phonebush

Nick says, "I am having a difficult time finding a replacement..."

Whew - for a moment I thought he was looking for a new ankle.

Phone

Guest Dave Hill

Big Nick,

If it was a clean break, why not push the thin end through the bottom of the thick end in a telescopic fashion, pull the two sections together to make a firm fit and put some tape over the sharp edges....

Fixing a broken section in this way will actually make the broken section stronger than it was before... It may sound strange but I have had to do this above once in a match and carried on fishing with no problems whatsoever.

Guest matt_shaw

I know what it can feel like when you break a section on a pole, however you can't expect instant replacements. These take time to recieve once the order has been placed. Companies such as Maver are not the most reliable at producing replacement sections in a hurry. However, there could be another alternative.

Have you ever thought of getting a section not made for your pole, but will fit it nicely anyway? Some sections made by the same company, or a different one, for different models of pole, may fit yours. Its suprising what you may find. However look at cheap carp poles, this way you will find one suited to the Strongarm. biggrin.gif Hope that helps

------------------

ECO Timber Panels, Barn Way, Lodge Farm Ind. Estate

The ECO - lodgical choice for wood

Tel. (01604) 759222 Find us at http://www.Yell.com/

Guest teepee

im just trying to picture the scene some big bloke twisting his ankle breaking is pole,then falling in other anglers rolling about in laughter tidal waves all around the pond... sorry must stop!!!!

on a serious note as matt said try sections of other poles or get yourself a universal carp top 3 or 4, you can get them for about £20 and it will get you fishing while the new sections on order.you can never have enough top kits. good luck! sounds like you need it.

------------------

teepee

Guest poledark

I dont knowwhere you boughtthepole but when I needed a replacement section for a Garbolino I phoned Penge Angling, described the section, they gaveme a price, I paid by Credit card and the pole arrived 3 days later having been delivered direct.

Try it you never know,

poledark

Guest Big Nick

Cheers Teepee,

I love you too!

Where can i get these universal top kits from?

------------------

Big Nick