Work Appraisal

BoozleBear

Thought's I'd forward this on. Something that landed on my desk - a rather frank appraisal of a French lad who worked where I do (paid) for a few months. Made me chuckle...

Part 1

To be Filled out by

the Internship Manager

Important Note

to Internship Manager

Your comments in the following section of the report are meant to be the summary of an evaluation interview that you conduct with the student. In other words, you should assume that the student will read your comments and then add a personal evaluation to the report in Part Two.

If you would like to communicate confidential information about the student, please contact the management by e-mail or telephone.

Internship Manager

Personal Development Feedback Form

About this report: we suggest that you read the questions and consider the answers before meeting the student. We recommend that you conduct an interview with the student to explain your answers and offer guidance.

Part 1a: The Work Experience

1. How well did the student respect the internship requirements you expected, in such areas as punctuality, professionalism and standards of behaviour?

He was often late, used profanities and sexual expressions throughout the day, and sometimes came in reeking of alcohol.

2. How well did the student take responsibility for performance (getting things done) and meeting the objectives you set?

He didn’t even take responsibility for falling asleep at his desk.

3. Please describe the student’s value contribution and initiatives, for example in doing more than was asked, showing interest in the job or offering to help colleagues.

He had no value.

He made no initiatives.

He never did more than asked of him, always less.

4. Please describe how the student communicated with colleagues and performed as a team member.

Communicated in pigeon English at the best of times.

Upset the team on a regular basis with his strange and inappropriate behaviour

5. How would you describe the student’s motivation and aptitude in learning the tools; techniques and methods you required?

He didn’t seem to bother with motivation. (see point 2)

He had one interesting motivational technique, which he liked to call "resting his eyes".

6. How would you describe the student’s maturity and attitude in presenting an exemplary image and maintaining a positive attitude?

If presenting an exemplary image is walking around in a trilby and bootlace tie letching and drooling, then he did a very good job.

His positive attitude was maintained through regular sleep breaks and visits to facebook.

Part 1b: Career Observations

Your observations as a coach or mentor are valuable to students’ personal development. Your comments are not to be taken as a definitive evaluation of the student’s career potential: the purpose is to give feedback to the student and suggestions in making career choices. The boxes below each question are for your observations and suggestions; please include indicators or examples to help he student understand the reasons for your comments.

1. How well did the intern show the qualities and potential that would make a successful career in your industry?

Badly.

2. Did you observe a special talents or abilities in specific aspects of work, indicating a career focus in one or more areas?

No.

3. Did you observe major limitations or difficulties that indicate where the student might NOT be successful ?

Yes. Communication, business and surviving a day without offending anyone.

4. Did the intern show leadership or strength in taking on responsibility in an area of work, in solving problems, dealing with colleagues or dealing with clients?

Responsibility for cock-ups was thrust upon him rather than taken.

We wouldn't let him meet any of our clients.

5. Did the intern show cultural maturity and communication ability with colleagues and customers, particularly in adapting to working habits and attitudes, or using the local language, indicating the ability to work successfully in your country in the future?

If saying things like “look at you, you nasty face of pervert”, and “I've got something for you, little girl” is cultural maturity and communication ability, he has it in droves.

6. From your observations what changes in behaviour or attitude would help the intern in being successful in the workplace?

Staying awake. Sobriety. Fashion consultancy. Not being French.

7. Other Observations

He is French and he smells.

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

Very familiar - it was posted by the fella who sits next to me at work (bergs)

I wondered if that might be the case with you both being from That London. Did the French lad receive a copy of his appraisal in English, or was it er...translated for him so that he could derive maximum benefit from the full and frank assessment of his abilities? :D

Guest Rabbit
Very familiar - it was posted by the fella who sits next to me at work (bergs)

That explains a lot...Porsche owner :bigemo_harabe_net-165:

I wondered if that might be the case with you both being from That London. Did the French lad receive a copy of his appraisal in English, or was it er...translated for him so that he could derive maximum benefit from the full and frank assessment of his abilities? :D

Davy - I couldn't possibly say!

Rabbit I'm not quite sure of the link between somebody having owned a porsche and them receiving a witty appraisal is? But judging books by (ex) covers doesn't work in this case I'm afraid. :)

www.myspace.com/boozlebear