What is your favourite method, and why?.

Guest Adrian

Guest Adrian

Hi all

Of all the methods available to us, what is the one you would use through choice, for enjoyment?. What makes that method so special for you?.

I enjoy floater fishing for the anticipation and the visible quarry, I like fishing close in, against weeds and rushes for fat shiny tench. But best of all has to be trotting a river with a 'pin. Even if the fish are not biting, there is always movement, fine tackle adjustments and the 'exploration' of different parts of the swim. The variety of fish to be caught adds an element of 'lucky dip' to it as well......ah, roll on the 16th..

Whats your favourite?.

Adrian

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chris Plumb

Took the words right out of my mouth; trotting with the pin just has to be one of the most satisfying ways to angle. Second would come freelining - stalking some chub on a Kennet backstream or trying to take a carp off the top in the margins both infinitely more exciting than watch a quiver tip all day....

Chris

(6 days to go..)

[This message has been edited by Chris Plumb (edited 10 June 2001).]

Guest Gaffer

I have two favoured methods when fishing for carp and they couldn't be more different

I love the 24hr session, big lake fishing which gives me a challenge when at the same time takes my mind off work, etc, and allows me to unwind.

On he other hand I just love to stalk for carp using my 8 1/2ft 1.75tc stalking rod, 'pin and poloroids.

I just use a simple (ish) lift rig with trout pellet paste.

There's nothing like the single tone of a bite alarm when session fishing or the float lifting and having to hang on for dear life when stalking.(you know you've had a good'un on the 'pin when you end up with a blister on your thumb!!...raw fishing,love it!! wink.gif )

------------------

All the best,

Gaffer

[This message has been edited by Gaffer (edited 10 June 2001).]

Guest Alan Roe

Upstream dry fly is my all time favourite very closly followed by trotting with my pin.

Umber if you want any help with the pin give me a shout.

Cheers

Alan

Guest Vagabond

Any form of stalking - Chub, Mullet, Trout, Carp - where you can see the fish before it takes your bait or lure. cool.gif

Stalking a Striped Marlin finning on the surface and slinging a baitfish to it was one of the never-to-be-forgotten moments of my fishing life. Much of the location and stalking skill there was down to the boat-handling of the skipper of course. However, you still have to cast to, hook and play the fish. If I won the lottery I would get my own boat and fish that way more often!

------------------

Vagabond

Guest doc_tench

Its float fishing for me either stillwater or river trotting or dead bait on the pencil The thrill of that float going under or popping up gets me everytime!

good luck

Guest Leon Roskilly

Stick-float fishing, and lure fishing.

I guess because both methods require concentration - you are fishing 100% of the time, not just idling away the time, waiting for a bite.

Tight Lines - leon

Guest paul mc

One of my favourite methods of fishing is using a swing tip and leger for tench. Its like a constant battle of wits with them some of the bites are so slight its hard to know when to strike and one bite can go on for over half an hour.Exiting stuff

Regards Paul Mc