What is your favourite method, and why?.

Guest Adrian

Guest framey

All types.

whether waiting for the tip to wack round waiting for the buzzer to sound or waiting for the float to dip I get a buzz from it all

but at the minute I cant wait for the trout to take my flies(no jokes please!!)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Peter Waller

Hunting pike with lures. Fishing by using one's basic instincts, at one with the environment. Bliss.

Guest Fatboy

Float fishing - either waggler or stret pegging, because it focusses the mind on the fishing and blots out all the crap from the

previous week.

Truth be told, I like waggler fishing because it was the first thing I learned

to do for myself, and I'm still finding out

more about it!

I feel like sometimes you can get bogged down if knowledge is acquired quickly - as in my case. The problem is, I still feel I don't know enough - and I read and watch class anglers and all it does is confirm that belief!

Alan

Alan.

------------------

Guest dishyfishy

20 yd's out lift method next to the lillies.Not knowing what's going to pick up your bait and sometimes you can shut your eyes and still see the float.

Guest OregonDave

Brit float fishing just now. So much to research, learn, study and enjoy in regards to my local gravel pit. Maybe something different next year? Who knows...it just seems fun right now.

Guest Nightwing

Stalking carp, trout or salmon on the limestone flats of Lake Michigan with fly rod. Very similar to stalking bonefish and permit in the salt, but only 10 miles from my doorstep, and the fish are larger!

Nothing like a 40lb carp on a fly rod limitless water to run. Like being hooked to the back end of a torpedo!

Guest Graham E

Trotting the stick has to be probably my favourite closely followed by freelining.

Both methods are active and allow you to reach nearly inacessible areas of the river or river bed.

The thrill of teasing that float with the cuurent so that it slides into the one area the fish are holed up, holding back, the waver then the float burying, and that thump on the tip as you connect is pure satisfaction.

Feeling the changing riverbed with freelining as you try to present the bait as naturally as possible, discovering the hidden gullies, that even a float can miss, followed by the tweak in the line or the rod arched over. Heaven.

Guest Steve Burke

The one I'm doing at the time!

For me it very much depends on the mood I'm in. Sometimes I like to hunt the fish, in which case I like stalking visible fish or surface fishing for pike. Other times I want to relax and chill out so I'm happy sitting behind a set of buzzers.

I like variety so I'd hate to be restricted to just one sort of fishing. If I were forced to choose one I suppose it would be lure fishing. Even though you're always alert for a take it's always unexpected when it comes!

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

Guest big tinca

Plain old waggler fishing for any species.

What a thrill!

------------------

Happy Tenching.

Big Tinca.

bigtinca@hotmail.com