clubs

Guest fishybitch

Guest fishybitch

Hi all

why is it that a lake I have been fishing for years ha been taken over by another club and they will not let the old members join.Its only a small lake but well stocked.Its because they who run i are judges and police commissioners etc. so us poor disabled angler have now got to find another place to fish. Whats your thoughts about take overs?

------------------

Guest Nutter

Hi Fishybitch,

Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. The excuse the owner gave us was that we were taking fish out of the lake and he said that as we were not responsible enough to police it ourselves he would find some who would. It transpired that a Heron had taken up residence nearby and this was the cause of the problem. He did appologise and asked if we wished to carry on,we felt that if he couldn't trust us then then we wouldn't take up the offer. Besides found somewhere else which was much better.

Enjoy the new season, Nutter

Guest Keith
Originally posted by fishybitch:

Its because they who run it are judges and police commissioners etc. so us poor disabled angler have now got to find another place to fish. Whats your thoughts about take overs?

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

I would very seriously consider a series of very snotty letters to local - and even national - newspapers, TV etc.

People in positions such as those you mention above are very conscious of bad publicity, and might well be "prepared to reconsider" if you kick up enough of a stink.

On the subject of disabled anglers - had any specific work been done to the water to facilitate its use by the disabled? Or was it run by a disabled angling club?

Much as I hate suggesting playing this particular card, it can be very effective - perhaps you should obtain some advice about the Disability Discrimination Act, because it's possible that there has been a breach of this Act here.

I'm speaking as someone with some small involvement in the British Disabled Angling Association, so maybe it would be worthwhile contacting the founder Terry Moseley?

I can put him in touch if you're interested.

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

(YES I'm annoyed!!)

------------------

Yours,

Keith

Blyth,

Northumberland

mailto:keith@go-fishing.co.ukkeith@go-fishing.co.uk http://www.wacac.co.uk