Holiday info-Vendee,France

Guest darrell.cook

Guest darrell.cook

Off on hols this week,anyone know anything about the fishing situation in this area?

Looking forward to using the superb telescopic rod I bought off Peter Waller through the auction.

Many Thanks.

Guest pete falloon

Yes Darrell, my fiancee is from Vendee, near St Laurent sur Sevre.

I have some leaflets I sent for a while back.

Let's start with licences - as I understand it they are regionally club controlled, so it works something like town districts - and you buy one for an area. I don't know if you can buy one that covers the whole of vendee.

You can buy holiday tickets in tabacs usually. I've only messed around really, and was fishing in her home village, in small ponds in St Malo du Bois, and on the Sevre Nantaise at Poupet. The ponds had lots of smallish carp in. The Sevre has carp, eels, pike, zander and so on. I think there are some quite big carp, but only saw 5-10lb size fish moving. I picked up a few small chub and a weird looking panfish thing. I'll be going over to fish the Sevre and other bits in early July.

When are you off? I can scan/photocopy/type in some stuff from the leaflets and what I have, or have a go at translation biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

There's also the Marais Poitevins, a bit like the broads I guess, but I've never been there. I think all in all there's quite a bit of variety from lakes and rivers, even trout streams, to sea fishing.

cheers, & let me know,

Pete

Guest Paulg

Which bit of the Vendee are you going to Darrell ? I went there a few years ago, St Jean de Monts, and am heading back there, further south this time, at the end of July....family holiday, might be able to find space for a rod though smile.gif Last time I was there I didn't see many actual rivers, but there are loads of what look a bit like small Fenland type drains, probably fairly salty, but there was certainly a reasonable number of anglers on them to make it worth further investigation. There was also a good number of lakes, one of which we visited a few times, loads of fish visible, decent Carp and not heavily fished.

I'd be very interested to hear how you get on.

Regards,

Paul

Guest Paulg

Pete,

Any chance of a copy of the info ? As in my previous reply, I'm off there at the end of July, and will be staying about 60 miles north of La Rochelle.

Cheers,

Paul

Guest pete falloon

And there's more... almost forgot..

have a look at http://www.pescalis.com/

only french stuff works right now, this is a fishing complex near Vendee. They have specimen, fly, match lakes and so on.

The marshy areas near the coast (Marais) are supposed to hold eels, zander, roach, and big tench and bream.

Guest pete falloon

Yes - sure Paul. I will be sure to let you all know how we get on! We're staying near and old mill on a river, so the fish will hopefully be on the doorstep...

cheers, _ I'll dig out what I can..

Pete

Guest darrell.cook

Thanks for the help guys!

Isn't this a great site.

To be exact we're staying at St. Jean-de-Monts and we're leaving Friday (tomorrow) afternoon.Hoping to have a few hours early in the mornings before the kids get up.Small lakes full of small carp sound ideal. biggrin.gif

Guest Paulg

St Jean de Monts, where we stayed four years ago. Very nice it was, beaches excellent, and if you are on them in the mornings, you may be the only ones ! The French seasiders seem to arrive on the beach at lunchtime. Make sure you get up to Isle de Normoutier (sp?), lovely place, and there is a good water park for the kids.

Have fun, I'm sure you'll enjoy it biggrin.gif

And don't forget to let us know about the fishing !

Paul

Guest pete falloon

Darell - the stuff I promised....

Map of region, showing (numbers) local aapmas (fishing organizations)

map.jpg

A bit of blurb on each organization nearest you is below and gives the waters, where you can buy tickets (cartes) and so on...

appma no 8

aapma8.jpg

appma no 17

aapma17.jpg

appma no 22

aapma22.jpg

appma no 32

aapma32.jpg

And a bit about the marais poitevin..

marais1.jpg

marais2.jpg

More...

the regional fishing organization is at: http://www.unpf.fr/85/

This has their email - you might want to email or write to them and ask to send you the leaflets I have got most of this from:'Pecher en vendee', 'Pecher au coeur de la vallee de la sevre nantaise' and 'la peche en vendee'.

(Have a look at this too, Paul!).

Useful addresses while you are there:

Federations de Peche

DEUX SEVRES

33 Rue galuchet 79000 Niort

Tel 05 49 09 23 33

Fax 05 49 73 24 17

VENDEE

10 bis rue Haxo

BP 673 - 85016 La Roche sur Yon Cedex

Tel 02 51 37 19 05

Fax 02 51 05 34 13

Maine et Loire

14 allee du haras 49100 Angers

Tel 02 41 87 57 09

Fax 02 41 87 88 37

Loire atlantique

1 rue eugene varlin BP 904 - 44104 Nantes

Cedex 4

Tel 02 40 73 62 42

baitwise, i found bread and corn (mais) best, and for info, maggots are 'asticots' !!

all the best,

Pete