Holiday info-Vendee,France

Guest darrell.cook

• 2 weeks later...
Guest darrell.cook

Hi all,

Nice to be back.Great holiday but the fishing was not to be.

Stayed at a nice site,Le Bois Dormant in St Jean de Monts.Right bang in the middle of the site was a small lake stuffed with 5 to 10lb carp biggrin.gif

The bad news was that it was completely fenced off and fishing prohibited,despite begging,bribing,blackmailing,etc. frown.gif

I walked by there everyday and each time I swear every carp there rose to the surface to relish in my torment.

Never mind I persuaded the family a trip to the lake at Apremont was just what they needed.Buy some maggots on the way and off to go.(The price of maggots or asticots as the French would say,suggests they may be a delicacy)

Find the local Tabac and purchase a ticket,easy.No it's not after much sign language and written words the shopkeeper whose lack of English was only matched by my lack of French informs me that no tickets are available until June 1st. frown.giffrown.gif

I travelled up to the lake and hired a boat,it's a big water,we sailed up and down and counted over twenty people fishing. confused.gif

Spoke to a few,me in English,them in French,so none the wiser.

I walked up and dowm the river that leaves the lake from the dam,"La Vie" and it was full of fish,some big bream were going through spawning rituals beneath my feet and what appeared to be roach darted at the surface as I fed them the gold plated maggots.(At this point I don't know whether to use a laughing or crying smilie).

All said,definately huge possibilities on the course fishing front,but don't book your reurn ferry crossing on June 1st!