Some Sad News

Elton

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deepest condolences from me, too - I was fortunate enough to meet Jan when she and Newt came to the 2006 Wingham fish-in. Very sad news.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Have not used A/N for some time and heard the sad news via another site.Never met Jan or Newt,however i did converse with her via the other site and by pm's and she very kindly did me a favour some years ago.

RIP Jan.

Like all the other forum members I am stunned and saddened at the news of your loss my thoughts are with you

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Such sad news.

I was fortunate enough to have met Jan at Wingham in 2006 when her and Newt came over, a lovely lady. Budgie and Myself were fortunate to see her again a year later when we had a fishing holiday in North Carolina with them. A holiday that we will never forget.

RIP Jan

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

The way I remember her.

6339899421_872180bcea_z.jpg

Thanks for that photo Leon. I didn't have one of her with her first pike. Seeing that smile again really helps.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I'd just like to extend my sympathies to you Newt can,t be an easy time for you right now so I wish you all the best for the future and whatever it holds for you. After taking the decision to enjoy life and see more of your country with Jan it must feel like you've been robbed of your retirement plans

Good wish's for the future and deepest condolences to you

Jan Vail - you were one of a kind. One of the kindest people to have graced this planet. Those of us who knew you are better for having known you, but feel that that a big part of us has been taken away. You may have left this world, but you'll never leave our hearts. Rest in peace, Jan.

xx

Don't come in here a lot, fond memories of laughs with Jan, sorry for your loss Newt.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Lovely to see the picture of Jan,still cannot believe the news ,but glad Newt is drawing some comfort from all our messages at this devastating time xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Afraid to say Jan will be with good company with Mr Wiggly for photography and Alan for well laughs and discussions! and other good Anglers Net friends we have lost x

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

I have been away for a few days and I have only just read the news and I am completely overwhelmed by it. All I can do is offer Sue and my deepest condolences to Newt and our thoughts are with you at this time.

Tony and Sue

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.