Good bit of kit!?

Guest Bretty

Guest Bretty

Hi all,

I just walked back from town and saw some homeless bloke on the pavement. He was sat in a wicked sleeping bag. It was a cross between an army surpless sleeping bag and a full length coat. more like a sleeping bag with sleeves, It had a central zip and a big hood and it seemed like his feet went into a press studded pouch.

I thought this looked like a really good idea for fishing with because not only did it look warm and water proof, but as my sleeping bag takes up all of my rucksack. if you could wear it as a jacket it would be one less thing to carry!! (i'd also feel abit more like i was fishing then sleeping if i was wearing one)

So has anyone else seen one of these? and where could i get one?

Cheers,

Bretty

I think my brother had one of these some years ago. I am prety sure that the army surplus shop in Aldershot has them.

Next time I am in the tackle shop, next door! I will go in & ask. You could look through the mags for the army surplus shop in Rugby & give them a ring.

lyn

Guest Bretty

Cheers Lyn!! Just found one.

ge2002.gif

It's an authentic German sleeping bag. I might get me one of these!

Wot you Reckon?

Bretty

[This message has been edited by Bretty (edited 13 June 2001).]

Guest Elton
Originally posted by doc_tench:

What happened to the bloke standing up!   biggrin.gif:

He bought a size too big biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Elton

Guest tony jolley

Hi I have one of the sleeping bags you have seen,

It earned me the nick name SLUG MAN on an N,A,C fishin, as i used to just sleep anywere normally on the floor no bed chair in those days, (do you remember Emmberton Dances?)

They are ok for summer and early autum but there not brilliant in the colder months,

they can be a bit difficut to get your lets out of if you need to get out quick (youll look a right sight bouncing aroun trying to get to your rods (done it LOOKED STUPID)

Have a look at badgerclassics.co.uk they do a good bag at a reasonable price rated down to -10 (I`ve got one this season there a very big / wide sleeping bag.

------------------

Tony B.T Jolley