Would you transport livebaits?

markward

quote:

Originally posted by BUDGIE:

"known anglers" using them too increase their standing!!!! A daft statement if ever I heard one. As for being able to use a specific species for bait well.....

Well, the proof is that daft ones who made statements such as that by their very examples are in the Big Pike List. Ask any well-known serious piker (e.g. Watto, Derrick Amies, Nev Ficking et al) what's the best method: sure as hell he/they won't say deadbaits or lures :D Need I mention Llandegfedd, Blithfield etc :rolleyes:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

DG you keep refering to Section 30 and livebaits in the same sentence.Have you ever tried to get a Section 30 for "livebaits" from the EA?

Get real .... who would be so daft as to declare them as live-baits? :D

I regularly get Sectn 30s for crucians though ..... main prob is that the EA have to kill and check 30 of the total you want to move, so you have to start-out with 30 more than you need :rolleyes:

DG

[ 10. November 2003, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

BUDGIE:

I have just about had a gutfull of this. I am quite happy to discuss/debate any subject in angling however this does not seem to be happening here.

I will make one last comment on this subject untill it is debated properly,that is with correct facts- I LIVE BAIT,I HAVE ALWAYS LIVE BAITED AND ALWAYS WILL. I WILL RECOMEND THIS TO ANY BODY AND ALWAYS HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL. I HAVE NEVER SHOWN ANY DOUBLE STANDARDS HERE. I ALWAYS PRACTICE WHAT I PREACH WHETHER ANYONE LIKES IT OR NOT.

If you wish to start a thread ref live baiting or keeping/transporting of baits great I will welcome reading and discussing the facts.

If you want to discuss if I personally am exhibiting double standards then once again great BUT lets see some of these "double standards" eh?  Christ if the facts are as acurate as the facts weve seen so far should make good readin    :confused:    g

[ 10. November 2003, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

Yes DG all top pikers do use livebaits but to catch fish.The fact that a lot of people known and unknown have smuggled lives into the Trout Res fish ins is undeniable.This I can not condone and do not do myself.My reasons have nothing to do with section 30's, ethics or disease but purely because it is daft to risk further acsess to these waters.The reason Crucians are the prefered fish for this is that they can be easily transported in a minimum of water and oxygen.Before someone acuses me of putting ideas into peoples heads dont worry the baillifs at most Res's are now quite clued up on this.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

quote:

Yes DG all top pikers do use livebaits but to catch fish. The fact that a lot of people known and unknown have smuggled lives into the Trout Res fish ins is undeniable.

This I can not condone and do not do myself. My reasons have nothing to do with Section 30s, ethics or disease but purely because it is daft to risk further acsess to these waters. The reason Crucians are the prefered fish for this is that they can be easily transported in a minimum of water and oxygen. Before someone acuses me of putting ideas into people's heads dont worry the bailiffs at most Res's are now quite clued-up on this.

Blimey ... we agree! :)

DG

P.S. No doubt like me, apart from lives being concealed under hats, in pockets etc etc., you've seen those boaters go aboard their dingies not with one red-painted fuel tank, but with two ... how often do the bailiffs check them?

[ 10. November 2003, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

quote:

Originally posted by markward:

I don't believe the fact that you partake in livebaiting was in question.

it is the fact that you posted on the forum below advice on moving livebaits around.

I was simply asking whether the words posted were responsible in their meaning and if you stand by them.

If you do l also stated l hope you get caught and appropriately punished for it.

You may see no harm in your actions but the illegal movement of zander proved to be a good idea no?

All l say is if fishermen have the inability to catch lives from the venue they are fishing don't livebait. The posts were not a personnal slander on yourself l was calling on whether this was the general consensus among pike fishermen and if so what reasons they would give for it.

Just in-case you missed this!

quote:

Yes DG all top pikers do use livebaits but to catch fish. The fact that a lot of people known and unknown have smuggled lives into the Trout Res fish ins is undeniable.

You're fooling yourself, Budgie, and you very obviously don't these guys like I do. You wouldn't believe the stunts they'd pull to get another 30 .... lives just to catch any old fish ..... my RRRRRs :D

Lives & rule-breaking and poaching just to catch 20s, 30s, and preferably 40s

Compared with selling their own mother into slavery to get another 30, carrying a shoal of lives in the aerated tub in the back of their car is nowt

And what about the use of lives by certain UK anglers on Corrib & Mask ... live-bating is banned in the Republic of Ireland! Just to catch any old pike .... my wotsit :rolleyes:

Mind you the Irish Fisheries Boards do appear to be trying to kill loads of pike by their ill-judged gill-netting attempts to carry-out biomass surveys or to translocate pike from trout fisheries.... so you can't win, even with lives it seems :mad:

DG

[ 10. November 2003, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

"Who would be so daft as to declare them as live-baits?"

Me DG! They have no problem with live baiting at all.(in the South any way)

When arranging supplies of Livebaits for many waters the nearest I have come to a problem was when Binny Buckly of the then NRA said they would have to be all over 10" to meet the minimum takeable size (Rainbows)

Bill Weaver of the Southern Water/NRA fish farm at Plaxtell was quite happy to sell any fish for livebaits.the issue of Sect30 never being raised.The only reason the authorities stopped this was because of complaints from "match anglers" on the local Fishery Advisory Comitees.

A lot of you are talking about Section 30's with authority,have you ever applied for or held one?Do you really think that pikers who use lives,myself included, are that uncaring/selfish that we would take any risks with disease?

I still feel that most people who have a problem with this do so because they are simply looking for a back up for their own personnel dislike of livebaiting.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!