Would you transport livebaits?

markward

quote:

Originally posted by BUDGIE:

Do you really think that pikers who use lives, myself included, are that uncaring/selfish that we would take any risks with disease?

I think that that's exactly the point Markw was originally trying to make. I thought, dare I mention it, that your comment on the other forum was more than a tad ambiguous. Here you have (finally ) made yourself abundantly clear.

That's why this is such a jolly good Forum :D ... while so many others are carp

[ 10. November 2003, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

"Who would be so
daft
as to declare them as live-baits?"

Me DG!
(You said it
:D
- DG)

When arranging supplies of Livebaits for many waters the nearest I have come to a problem was when Binny Buckly of the then NRA

..... oh, way back in the last Millennium! They didn't have Section 30s in them thar bygone days, did they? Hadn't invented them then? :D Things have moved on ... we had the EA after the NRA and now we've got DEFRA

[ 10. November 2003, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

quote:

I will not be pedantic either, Mark, but as far as I'm aware there is no law against transporting baits. Section 30 covers the introduction/stocking of fish into a water.

One pointlette, Budgie ... if you have appro to introduce/stock fish from one source into a venue, how do you do this without transporting them? :confused:

Surely this means that if you don't have appro under the law, then you can't legally transport them to another venue? i.e. with intent to transfer/stock/introduce/use them as bait etc

I guess you could legally just take them from your pond and give them a trip out and back in your car for the day :D

[ 10. November 2003, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

quote:

DG - I am not a qualified angling instructor! Please don't insult me

And then what do I read following the link you gave to your very-own auto-biographical piece ..

.... recent years have seen me ..... working ...... as a professional angling guide. edited quote.

[ 10. November 2003, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

The law and section 30 procedure hasnt changed in this time.Just shows how long ago it was since I have come across any stupidity ref lives.The Authorities make many rules because they think that is what the angler wants,I refer to numbers of rods and livebaiting specifically.Any way still waiting to hear about your exoeriences of arranging supplies (legal) fish for live baiting and your actual experiences of Sect 30's. Mark thank you for saying it was not a direct attack at me.As you used my name in the title of the origonal thread I and many others rather foolishly thought it was!

DG instead of just commenting on my remarks how about comming out of the closet and making your views known as well?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

D.G with due respect mate, It's seems to me as if you have an axe to grind with Budgie? I refer to you pursuing the guide/instructor issue

[ 10. November 2003, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Tony C ]

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."